British Speedway Forum

Surely Eddie Kennett has to be under consideration if the conversion rate is still 1.2? His average would be 7.66 and as second or even third heat leader he has to be a must?

Surely Eddie Kennett has to be under consideration if the conversion rate is still 1.2? His average would be 7.66 and as second or even third heat leader he has to be a must?

Of course, we never know what goes on behind closed doors but if Ed is signed it will take a hell of a good rider to beat him round Lakeside at. Championship level , but question marks remain over away performances. On the basis of entertainment level he would be one of my first choices, and then turn a blind eye to away performances.

• Like 1

Maybe Glasgow will race them on a free Saturday as they are both Friday night teams rather than a empty Friday for both teams

Of course, we never know what goes on behind closed doors but if Ed is signed it will take a hell of a good rider to beat him round Lakeside at. Championship level , but question marks remain over away performances. On the basis of entertainment level he would be one of my first choices, and then turn a blind eye to away performances.

Yeah thats true but by winning your home meetings is generally what keeps the fans happy so most will accept average away performances if there being entertained at home.

• Like 1

Well im certain there will be at least 1 ex Witch at Lakeside in 2018

Louis was awsome round there...

Edited by baldyman

Tony Davey ?

Shrimp would be a good call - would be good to have someone of a similar age to keep Hurry company 😜

Sorry Paul just kidding 👍

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

Maybe Glasgow will race them on a free Saturday as they are both Friday night teams rather than a empty Friday for both teams

Quite possible. Coventry always came down on a Saturday.

Edward Kennett as a third heat leader behind any two of Nilsson, Schlien, Lawson or Morris would be fine on away tracks i think and as already said would push a double figure average around Arena.

Morris Kennett Lawson Newman Morley Zach Bridger is the sort of team I would love to see

That's one hell of a team...and with the home advantage that's top of the table material..but they have all raced in this league??

Edited by baldyman

Morris Kennett Lawson Newman Morley Zach Bridger is the sort of team I would love to see

Havent checked exact numbers but fag packet looks north of 44 points

Maybe Cook can get a reduction on Bridger due to his injury and retirement ;)

• Like 1

Havent checked exact numbers but fag packet looks north of 44 points

Ok , take out Newman and Bridger, then bring in Sedgemen who knows the track ( and has beaten Lindgren and Hancock there) and any one of Williamson, Bacon or Clegg from the NL who all like the track, and are all on an upward curve and you have a team that will be stronger as the season goes on.

• Like 1