British Speedway Forum

Looking like a very good side is being put together. Might have to take a trip up to the arena this season (providing its against a decent opposition).

Great signings...,I will always remember how Richard Lawson used to team ride so brilliantly with our Ben Morley when they were in the team together....And a top number one in Nick Morris

Great signings, Lawson is ultra popular at Arena. Morris has been hit or miss round Arena in the top flight, but sure he will be a star at Championship level. Two good away riders too, which is what we always need.

That's true, he has always been hit and miss riding there twice a year, but if he is riding there regularly and had time to get his engines and set ups right the should be producing his best most of the time. Can only improve throughout the season.

I doubt if there is a single Lakeside fan anywhere that is not happy with Awesome Lawson coming back. He wasn't the fans Rider of the Year 3 times for no reason, and he is a super team man. Lawson for Captain IMO.

• Like 2

If there's a rider that's never rode in the Championship how about one of the Davidsson brothers what are they doing these days?

Jonas started his British career with Reading Racers in the second tier.

(Although I can't imagine a 2004 average is still valid)

I would like to see us sign Bridger, Newman and Zach. Not sure how much that would leave us but a team of Morris, Lawson, Bridger, Newman, Zach and Morley would really excite me.

Edited by liam

Hell of a top 2 at championship level, Lawson and Morris also have good knowledge of tracks in Championship so should go well away from Home as well

I would to see us sign Bridger, Newman and Zach. Not sure how much that would leave us but a team of Morris, Lawson, Bridger, Newman, Zach and Morley would really excite me.

I doubt you'd get Bridger, he's into body building now and rippling with huge muscles, so I doubt that he has any intention of being a Speedway rider.

I doubt you'd get Bridger, he's into body building now and rippling with huge muscles, so I doubt that he has any intention of being a Speedway rider.

He has got on his twitter hes an ex pro speedway rider so you are probably right mate, shame though as he is entertaining to watch at home. Edited by liam
  • Like 1

This has the makings of a premiership team. I predict now that some championship teams start the season with a stronger 1-7 than premiership teams!

Enthusiasm building on here,is Cook now going to be looked at in a different light if he gets it spot on with the team building ??