British Speedway Forum

great team over all surely must be challenging for some silverware

my only concern is adam ellis as lets hope he can max out at home

like he did when visiting with other teams because before he was

ride one fall off one while leading a lot of the time and he did that

for Swindon if I remember right at the televised match.

really looking forward to the start of the season and lets hope

we can get more than the 12/13 guaranteed home meetings

league and cups COYH.

If your only concern is Adam Ellis buddy then you should be right up there

• Like 1

The rules haven't been published yet so nobody, except the promoters know for sure how the averages will be calculated. I stand to be corrected, as I can't remember the actual wording but I think at least one, possibly two of the young Brits will get 2.5% reduction.

Good team though. Not sure if it will set the world alight on the road but capable of picking up points here and there with a fortress at home. Solid top two in Lawson and Morris, and decent reserves, with Zak, Ben and Max probably swapping all swapping places at reserve at various times.

Best thing for me, after last years disaster, is that in heat two we won't be pencilling in 1-5 against before the tapes even go up, in fact there should be quite a few occasions where the resrves carry the match.

It has to be someone on a very different average to what posters on here believe. A 2.5% reduction does not amount to very much and this team appears to be, on the face of it, well over the 42.5 limit. I can only think Zach has come in on an old CL average. However, we will have to wait and see. Shame to SpeedwayGB website doesn't put an average against the 2018 team building names etc.

If its a 1.3 conversion I makie the team total 43.3 and I dont think any of them are due reductions apart from possibly Zach, so either theyve changed the reduction rules, the conversion isnf 1.3 or they are possibly using Ellis, Morley and Zachs old PL averages

Cracking team !

Would also hope that, riding at the Arena Essex raceway every week, Morris, Ellis and Waj will be pretty decent at Wolverhampton when Swindon are at Monmore Green.

I am sure I read it somewhere that new averages were reset in 2017 once you had achieved a true average in either of the divisions. Therefore, as an example, Ellis should be a converted average from the Premiership as he has not achieved an average in the Championship & similar with Zach. Morley will be classed as a new rider to the CL.

• Like 1

If its a 1.3 conversion I makie the team total 43.3 and I dont think any of them are due reductions apart from possibly Zach, so either theyve changed the reduction rules, the conversion isnf 1.3 or they are possibly using Ellis, Morley and Zachs old PL averages

You are right..it don't fit.

Trick track and trick calculator🤔

Edited by baldyman

Must be the same calculator we used to get Hurry on that average last season.

• Like 1

Ok must be in the Minority obviously, but that wouldnt make the top 4 for me.

Or me

Who would be the other two in the top four with Ipswich and Glasgow then?

I dont think there team is as good as the Lakeside side but I do think a few teams are going to be strong, should produce some good close meetings anyway. I have to say I wanted us to return to the top league but I am glad we didnt.

• Like 1

Must have got advice from Somerset on how to build a team over the points limit.

• Like 1

Well your team is over limit so something will have to change

Have the averages been confirmed then? So far I have seen about three different averages for Ben, Zach and Adam. Edited by liam