British Speedway Forum

The general consensus on here is that the team is considerably over the 42.50 limit. It is, therefore pointless to go on about 2.5% reductions because, in real terms they amount to very little (0.1 on a average of 4.00 - to achieve even a 0.50 reduction, you would need to apply it to combined averages totalling 20). Something else is definitely in play here.

• Like 1

If Lakeside promotion were 100% certain on the averages, common sense would say, lets release a press statement confirming the averages and where its come from.

Radio silence however just causes doubt and confusion, and also scepticism.

Why would they do that? Maybe Cook isnt aware of the few people on this forum who think the team is over. If it is over Iam sure the powers that be would have told them by now the team doesnt fit. Edited by liam

If they've got nothing to hide, shut the fans up questioning it, and prove it....

The powers that be that havent a clue what's going on it seems? Who change the rules depending who's asking.

Jon Cook does not need to justify to opposition fans that his team is legal, if you have a problem, then ask your own promotion about it, then buy some wood, build a bridge, and get over it.

• Like 1

If they've got nothing to hide, shut the fans up questioning it, and prove it....

The powers that be that havent a clue what's going on it seems? Who change the rules depending who's asking.

As Claret said why should they? The team has been announced and if its over the limit then every other promotion can now go and complain about it.
  • Like 1

Jon Cook does not need to justify to opposition fans that his team is legal, if you have a problem, then ask your own promotion about it, then buy some wood, build a bridge, and get over it.

Thats a bit touchy!!

Indeed he doesnt have to justisfy it to opposition fans - its tha BSPA that need to sanction it in line with the regulations.

The difficulty for everyone is no copy of the regulations is in the public domain (and possibly not even in the private domain!) They could well be still in the process of being finalised for all we know.

That situation causes the confusion and ultimately the dissatisfaction for fans (of all teams)

• Like 2

Wasn't a promoter asked..and his answer..I'm not sure. So maybe they don't even know. I'm hoping it somehow fits and lakeside get the fourth place I think it may be able to get.

Perhaps you need the same person(s) who told Jon Cook he could not use Scott Nicholls to come forward with his opinion!

I am now putting something else out there as I have just had the calculator out based on the averages posted in "New Teams 2018"

Ellis is 6.67 (5.56 x 1.2 = 6.672)

Zach is 3.85 (3.21 x 1.2 = 3.852)

Morley is 3.85 (3.29 x 1.2 x .975 = 3.849)

????????? A bit puzzling as only Morley gets the British reduction but the conversion rates could be in an unwritten rule somewhere. All riders that achieved a real average in 2017 will have a conversion factor of 1.2 applied. If a rider has a previous average then a conversion factor of 1.3 will be applied where necessary(last year 1.4 seemed too high)

I've was told by a team manager yesterday that the conversion rate is 1.3...no mention of a 1.2 as well.

Edited by baldyman

They got away with it last year with Hurry, so its only history repeating itself.

The BSPA published Hurry's average on their official averages, that ALL promoters have, months before the start of the season. If it was such a bargain average, why didn't you sign him? You had plenty of chance when he was practicing on the Island before the season started. Edited by Cliv Clav

They got away with it last year with Hurry, so its only history repeating itself.

Haha, love it!

Lakeside have probably been the fairest promotion in the country over the years...a lot of the time to our own detriment.

Stop crying and I'm sure in due course, all will be revealed. Well, maybe not all of it but anyway

.....!

Wasnt fair what you done with Berwick and Sheffield once you didnt get your own way with Nicholls and Kennett though was it

Here here!