British Speedway Forum

17 hours ago, marko said:

I don’t get this supporter obsession with the rule book, it’s too complicated and not worth the time and effort going over, that’s the promoter or team managers job, only they have the power to challenge or enforce a rule.

Without fair and proper rules and therefore a level playing field the competition is pretty pointless. And unfortunately that is the situation speedway finds itself in today.

Some people can ignore all the political garbage and unfair averages and just enjoy the racing, and I feel a little bit jealous of those people. Some of us just can't and the whole thing is tainted by the ineptitude of the governing body and how some teams seem to be able to find loopholes and ringers year after year. Unfortunately many people of that mindset end up walking away.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Without fair and proper rules and therefore a level playing field the competition is pretty pointless. And unfortunately that is the situation speedway finds itself in today.

Some people can ignore all the political garbage and unfair averages and just enjoy the racing, and I feel a little bit jealous of those people. Some of us just can't and the whole thing is tainted by the ineptitude of the governing body and how some teams seem to be able to find loopholes and ringers year after year. Unfortunately many people of that mindset end up walking away.

Could not have put it better myself...  

What fair and proper rules have Lakeside broken?

13 minutes ago, marko said:

We will all find out when/if the team is accepted and confirmed on the BSPA listings....:P

32 minutes ago, marko said:

No idea, it was a general reply to your general point.

16 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

We will all find out when/if the team is accepted and confirmed on the BSPA listings....:P

The problem is it’s probably already rubber stamped, the BSPA MC have sole responsibility to adjudicate on team line ups.

I am sure you don’t need reminding who has the control of the MC.

The MC is made up of 5 I think but I presume when it comes to deciding the method for calculating averages, that was taken and agreed via all promoters who attended the AGM?

But on the topic of averages, Lakeside only own Ben Morley, so any other team could have signed the others within reason on what might be termed as attractive figures, we are not a club known for spending above our means, it’s a pretty tight ship which is why it’s still running and why I think you can rule out us throwing money at this.

8 hours ago, marko said:

The MC is made up of 5 I think but I presume when it comes to deciding the method for calculating averages, that was taken and agreed via all promoters who attended the AGM?

All the promoters,

Newcastle and Workington were not represented and Peterborough’s GED Rathbone was suspended and unless Jon Cook went to Tenerife by boat ( he doesn’t fly apparently) that’s four Championship Clubs light straight away.

The MC is made up of Keith Chapman (Chairman) Rob Godfrey (Vice Chairman) Colin Pratt, Stewart Dickson and Damien Bates.

I didn't think Lakeside 'owned' Ben Morley - thought he was a Rye House asset.

Ben Morley is owned by Rye House Marco as Tony E says

6 minutes ago, NickyR said:

Anyone know where Jason Edwards is riding next season? 

Eastbourne.

5 hours ago, waco said:

Ben Morley is owned by Rye House Marco as Tony E says

Even better, it strengthens our case that no matter what averages our seven are said to be on, any other team could have made an attempt to sign them on those "disputed" averages.

Ps Did Jason ever sign a prelim contract with us or does he become and Eastbourne asset?

Unless things have changed, NL sides can't have assets or Zach would have been a Birmingham one. It caused some disquiet with the latter when we signed him.