British Speedway Forum

so no kelvin as manager shame he did great work with  the

youngsters last season.

now a week to guess who has taken over not even gonna try

and as we are so far down the road for next season with sponsers and management

then our team must surely be legal so COYH.

44 minutes ago, HAMMER180 said:

so no kelvin as manager shame he did great work with  the

youngsters last season.

now a week to guess who has taken over not even gonna try

and as we are so far down the road for next season with sponsers and management

then our team must surely be legal so COYH.

Looks like Kelvin will continue to gave some association with the club though, which is a good thing.  The new TM sounds like someone with experience of the job, but there are plenty of those that won't fit. Hope it's not someone like Jim Lynch or Rob Lyon. John Sampford was hanging round the pits a lot last season. Nice bloke but I don't know if he has the personality for TM. What's Trevor Geer doing these days ? Not my ideal personality but he is on the ball. After Kelvin, it's going to be hard to find anyone with the same sort of Ooomph, but can only wait and see. 

I know he’s not experienced as a team manager but what about Paul Hurry? All seems ok on the team front aswell.

1 hour ago, liam said:

I know he’s not experienced as a team manager but what about Paul Hurry? All seems ok on the team front aswell.

Hope not. Paul is ok as a rider and a competent mechanic but too hot headed IMO for TM

With the old traditional tactical subs returning you will really want someone who has their eye on the ball, and possibly used to working with that system, under the tactical rides system, anyone could have been a manager and I mean anyone! just pick a rider for double points once a meeting if that, with the original system of tactical subs a manager must also be extremely good at man management because now your going to be telling certain riders again to "sit this next one out".

Jim Lynch would be a good choice, always had time for him, he comes across as very genuine.

The same Jim Lynch who messed up the tactical situation costing Leicester an away win last season? He is a nice man, but perhaps not as on the ball as we would need our TM to be.

• Like 1

Whoever it is, here's hoping that they can actually be bothered to turn up at all away meetings......particularly if we get through to the play-offs.

53 minutes ago, The Voice Of Reason said:

Whoever it is, here's hoping that they can actually be bothered to turn up at all away meetings......particularly if we get through to the play-offs.

we ? thought you didn't go anymore as you hated everything to do with the club

as yet about the only negative post on here what a surprise please just get over it.

• Like 2

I'll possibly go to away meetings now that the level of speedway has improved.

Clearly you thought it was right to chuck the community manager into the team manager role at Belle Vue (arguably Lakeside's most important meeting of the season)?

'You can never upset a happy clappy'!

On 21/12/2017 at 11:18 AM, Daytripper said:

Looks like Kelvin will continue to gave some association with the club though, which is a good thing.  The new TM sounds like someone with experience of the job, but there are plenty of those that won't fit. Hope it's not someone like Jim Lynch or Rob Lyon. John Sampford was hanging round the pits a lot last season. Nice bloke but I don't know if he has the personality for TM. What's Trevor Geer doing these days ? Not my ideal personality but he is on the ball. After Kelvin, it's going to be hard to find anyone with the same sort of Ooomph, but can only wait and see. 

Trevor geer had a nasty accident down at Arlington stadium a couple of years ago. His involvement with speedway has been very limited since the incident.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Trevor geer had a nasty accident down at Arlington stadium a couple of years ago. His involvement with speedway has been very limited since the incident.

Thanks for that . Very sorry to hear it. . 

3 hours ago, The Voice Of Reason said:

'You can never upset a happy clappy'

....and you can never please an attention seeking chronic complainer.

• Like 2

Mark Sexton stood in last season and could be favourite if he wants it, ?Especially if Kelvin is still there with input..John Sampford has no favourites and makes the hard decisions for the team benefit only,,,may lack a little rider motivation..but knows the rule book backwards and is totally committed to the job

Edited by waco

2017 .  2017    2017 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, put them all together !   ( letters and numbers )

Edited by jenga