British Speedway Forum

Congratulations to Jon Cooke on assembling a very very good side, baring any injuries a Play off team for sure, and with there massive home track advantage they can beat any team on aggregate, the only downside is if the rumours I’ve heard are true it’s there new team manager, who has only ever Managed in the NL,  

7 hours ago, Argos said:

Congratulations to Jon Cooke on assembling a very very good side, baring any injuries a Play off team for sure, and with there massive home track advantage they can beat any team on aggregate, the only downside is if the rumours I’ve heard are true it’s there new team manager, who has only ever Managed in the NL,  

If he knows the rules and can motivate the riders and get them going does it really matter what league he has managed? 

• Like 1

A young enthusiastic manager with experience whats wrong with that,,Will is ideal and knows several of the team from his time with Cradley

Will Pottinger is your new team manager! You wanted someone tactically astute and I think you’ve found one. 

• Like 1

If Will clicks he should give you a great ride.  Check what he did with NL Cradley over 8 years and what some of his ex riders are up to now.  Great guy to boot.  You can't keep him to yourselves tho' as we Midland 'Ommers need him too in the Trophy!

Edited by berniev123

Can’t say I know too much about Will but seems like he knows his stuff. Looking forward to March now.

Despite the club offering season tickets at reduced prices for a promotional period there has been no conformation of the proposed choice of race night, I contacted the club to explain that as a season ticket holder of some years standing there are some nights that I am unable to attend (Thursdays) as yet I am still awaiting a response. any thoughts on this?  

It is to the club's discredit that they have not responded to you at all.

Personally, I cannot see Thursday ever being a night of choice for the Hammers - Fridays and Saturdays are favourite.

i dont think you will get either night (fri/sat) as they are already taken . worky tried for friday and were turned down .what day does somerset ride , isnt lawson riding for them ?

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i dont think you will get either night (fri/sat) as they are already taken . worky tried for friday and were turned down .what day does somerset ride , isnt lawson riding for them ?

Keep up Jenga. Premiership will ride Mondays & Wednesdays & some Thursdays(Swindon at home). Friday, as you say, should be a no no as Workington were refused a change of race night:angry:  so Saturday should be their option.:unsure: 

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the response guess still wait and see

12 minutes ago, StevePass said:

Thanks guys for the response guess still wait and see

I think you can take it as read that there will be not Thursday race nights. The whole reason Cook had to decline the Premier League was because mid week race nights don't pay. Friday/Saturday have been the only viable race nights for years, and that's what it seems it will be.

40 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Keep up Jenga. Premiership will ride Mondays & Wednesdays & some Thursdays(Swindon at home). Friday, as you say, should be a no no as Workington were refused a change of race night:angry:  so Saturday should be their option.:unsure: 

cheers , but how do you keep up with rules and regulations when there are so many loopholes and get out clauses that can be built/added on to what should be a simple rule/regulation ?

we ALL cant keep up , even the mupps that run it cant do that . cheers , anyhow . 

I cannot see anyway that Jon Cook would apply to join the Championship without assurances that Hammers would get Friday or Saturday as their race night. Any other night and we might as well pack up now.

• Like 2