British Speedway Forum

Interview with Will Pottinger on a local radio station who said racing will be on a Friday and Saturday 

No surprise. I listened to the interview but must have missed the Friday/Saturday bit!

Got it now. Must have listened to a different interview before.

• Like 1

Most teams are more or less complete now and I still stand by my view that Lakeside will be the team to beat 

9 minutes ago, Argos said:

Most teams are more or less complete now and I still stand by my view that Lakeside will be the team to beat 

Certainly at home, Morley and Clegg could be strugglers at some tracks.

23 minutes ago, Argos said:

I think we will definitely be fighting at the top, I am surprised that I’ve seen some people say this team won’t make the play offs.

26 minutes ago, Argos said:

So you should when you are allowed to build to 44 points rather than 42.50 like every other team ;):P

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So you should when you are allowed to build to 44 points rather than 42.50 like every other team ;):P

We have merely adopted the Poole methodology in our team building strategy!:D

18 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well it worked for Edinburgh in 2010, but I don't think a burger is involved in this case.

With the complete team now published no one can doubt that Lakeside must be one of THE teams to watch. Plenty of improvement

potential. I simply hope that the fans turn up in their thousands to show their approval.

More likely to turn up in their hundreds. It will be interesting to see how many of the rye deserters return to the fold.

That will be interesting but hopefully the team put together will make some come back but as we have seen on here some will never come back which is a shame.

A winning team will make people come back and it looks like we have that.

Actual Lakeside supporters will surely return but the more casual speedway fan who prefers top flight racing may well opt for Rye (which is their right).

Just wish they'd stop bleating on about it!

On 5 January 2018 at 4:27 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

They haven't been allowed to do anything yet because neither Lakeside nor any other team has yet been approved.