British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

They haven't been allowed to do anything yet because neither Lakeside nor any other team has yet been approved. 

True :D

Opening fixture 23rd March, Spring Classic in memory of Lee. Details on main website. Also, PL and CL fixture list out tomorrow and in this week's Star.

That’s a good way to start the new season, Lee will always be a Lakeside legend and never forgotten. 

On 10/01/2018 at 10:13 AM, NickyR said:

A winning team will make people come back and it looks like we have that.

Actual Lakeside supporters will surely return but the more casual speedway fan who prefers top flight racing may well opt for Rye (which is their right).

Just wish they'd stop bleating on about it!

its easier to keep fans by improving things before they get so bad

once fans have stopped coming its hard to get them to return

they get out of the routine and find it hard to justify paying the money again as they will have found another outlet for the money they saved from speedway

Fixtures out as thought 2 home meetings a month and looks as

if a lot of people wont be able to get to get to most of the away meetings

as mostly Fridays or sundays or mid week only a couple of saturdays

also my other problem is the Ipswich double header the ground staff of which

my family are involved will not be able to go to the first meeting as will be setting

up the track. normally its the other way round as the other teams have a full time track

so cant see why we could not have gone first or have Ipswich got a curfew?

Have to be honest Iam glad the meeting is the evening one, rarely see a good meeting at arena during the day. Probably being a bit selfish mind you lol.

1 minute ago, liam said:

Have to be honest Iam glad the meeting is the evening one, rarely see a good meeting at arena during the day. Probably being a bit selfish mind you lol.

You could have shortened that post  :wink:

30 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Will lawson be missing??? Somerset also race on good Friday

Difficult to say. The fact that Lawson rode for Somerset last season could imply Somerset will get the nod if the 2017 regs remain. However, as Somerset are riding on a non-allocated PL race day might tip the balance in favour of Lakeside.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HAMMER180 said:

Fixtures out as thought 2 home meetings a month and looks as

if a lot of people wont be able to get to get to most of the away meetings

as mostly Fridays or sundays or mid week only a couple of saturdays

also my other problem is the Ipswich double header the ground staff of which

my family are involved will not be able to go to the first meeting as will be setting

up the track. normally its the other way round as the other teams have a full time track

so cant see why we could not have gone first or have Ipswich got a curfew?

Yes can only have afternoon meetings on bank holidays 

14 hours ago, liam said:

That’s a good way to start the new season, Lee will always be a Lakeside legend and never forgotten. 

He'll always be a legend, let alone a Lakeside one!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tocha said:

Difficult to say. The fact that Lawson rode for Somerset last season could imply Somerset will get the nod if the 2017 regs remain. However, as Somerset are riding on a non-allocated PL race day might tip the balance in favour of Lakeside.

The way I have always understood the rule was whoever owned the rider (Glasgow) and whatever team rides in the same league as the parent club then that team get priority, unless it is a rearranged fixture that clashes.

Saying that that rule will have changed several times since without anyone knowing.

16 hours ago, liam said:

One of the best team riders I've ever seen, a great captain

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tocha said:

So first meetings of the season and already us or Somerset will be using a guest or R/R lol.