British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, liam said:

So first meetings of the season and already us or Somerset will be using a guest or R/R lol.

This was a point I raised on another thread saying that even though it was Easter, Championship should have had Good Friday(allocated Championship race day) & Premiership should have had Easter Monday(allocated race day) but was shot down. It was, even suggested, that Poland could be racing on the Easter Monday(have done previous) but their season starts on the 6th, & that was the reason why.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

This was a point I raised on another thread saying that even though it was Easter, Championship should have had Good Friday(allocated Championship race day) & Premiership should have had Easter Monday(allocated race day) but was shot down. It was, even suggested, that Poland could be racing on the Easter Monday(have done previous) but their season starts on the 6th, & that was the reason why.

Start as we mean to go on I suppose.

27 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

Just wondered if Paul Hurry had retired from s/way again or might come in if there are injuries during the season  ?

I get the feeling Paul will be involved with the team in some way but be surprised if it was through riding? Would you want to sign a rider who has had no competitive action as an injury replacement anyway? Plus what crazy average would he come in on? A re-assessed higher tier average? His NL average divided by 2 (9.00 / 2 = 4.50) Anything goes these days but i feel Hurry would be better suited sticking to the Grass/Longtracks if he wants to keep riding

Seems not everyone is happy with all things Rye House right now reading through the Rye thread. People don’t seem to be happy with the promotion which surprises me after hearing so many good things about them. Hopefully see some fans who went to Rye from Lakeside come back this season. 

I agree with Liam. Rye fans seem to be getting a bit disillusioned. Personally I have never been impressed with a management team

that talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.  No history of knowledge. But then, they are not the only promotional team that is lacking

in this area.  At least we have a management that has been involved for a good many years, going back to the nineties, so we must assume that

decisions are made for the right reasons.  IF Rye fans ARE a bit fed up, maybe we'll see them back at Arena ?  Our team should attract them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, liam said:

Seems not everyone is happy with all things Rye House right now reading through the Rye thread. People don’t seem to be happy with the promotion which surprises me after hearing so many good things about them. Hopefully see some fans who went to Rye from Lakeside come back this season. 

A Poole fan still smarting from a 60 - 30 drubbing last year but, to agree he is right. Little news emerges from the Website and not a lot of improvements to the stadium had been apparent in 2017 and it is in a far worse state than when Len left it. 

From the Club official website "The Arena-Essex Raceway club are back in senior action at Championship level after securing promotion"

Am I missing something, didn't Lakeside finish fourth?

One thing Jon Cook can always be counted on to deliver is a positive spin on any statement.

As noted by several on here lakeside were indeed over the limit with averages and have therefor dropped max Clegg and replaced him with Alfie bowtell

• Like 2

Is there a definitive list of riders' averages anywhere that we can all see?