British Speedway Forum

ahh , neil vatcher . the guy that give league points away to the visiting side because he thought they were the better team .

speedway , run by jokers and rubbish 4 brains humans .

maybe i can get a job there  !  :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

If you know nothing about nothing you will fit in perfect

Shall I second your nomination too Baldy :D

6 hours ago, marko said:

So last season we tried to sign Paul Hurry and the goal posts were moved, this season we wanted Scott Nicholls and Edward Kennet and the goal posts were moved, so we changed the team and now the goal posts have been moved once more.

So you wanted to sign Nicholls and Kennett and end up with Morris and Lawson on a lower combined average.

Shouldn't you be thanking the BSPA?

• Like 1

I very much doubt Neil Vatcher has done this unaided - no doubt one, or more, complaints have been made and he has responded. One thing is for sure is that we will never get the full story.

• Like 2

If the BSPA/SCB had said that Ben & Zach's average were going to be changed, no team would have signed them at all until they were!  Why leave it until this close to the season to change them, surely it doesn't take 3 months to sort out 2 averages?!  Mind you, they changed Hurry's listed average 5 months after publication last year!  We need an independent governing body, that can set rules at the correct time and stick to them!

With the make-up of the team changed, and a long tail in place, I can't see us challenging for any trophies this year and will struggle mightily away from home.  Can't see many Hammers fans travelling to away matches.

Everybody and there granny mentioned it on here that the teams ave was over the limit why has it  taken this long to sort it out the riders averages are there on the final greensheet it’s not rocket science hope max gets sorted out 

18 hours ago, tocha said:

They are all there Steve apart from Ben and Zach who didn't ride in the CL last year.

But they DID ride in the PL in 2017 and, thus, have current averages to be used and/or converted where appropriate.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, marko said:

So last season we tried to sign Paul Hurry and the goal posts were moved, this season we wanted Scott Nicholls and Edward Kennet and the goal posts were moved, so we changed the team and now the goal posts have been moved once more.

Vatcher keeps them in the boot of his car.

Careful what you say about Vatcher - you'll get the website shutdown !!!!

As for the comments abut Rye fans bleating on about things - once again it you Lakeside fans that keep making confrontational comments.

Will I be returning - Not a chance in hell.

We never travel that well away anyway, I still think it’s a reasonable side, maybe not a stand out unless the likes of Zach hit the ground running, look at Swindon last season, no one fancied them.

Anyway what’s done is done, there is no point debating this any longer, a decision had been made and we will have to take it on the chin and battle on as we always do.

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

Everybody and there granny mentioned it on here that the teams ave was over the limit why has it  taken this long to sort it out the riders averages are there on the final greensheet it’s not rocket science hope max gets sorted out 

The fact remains that the BSPA confirmed in writing the averages the riders could be signed on, and Lakeside were entitled to rely on that letter. Then along comes the SCB and says the BSPA letter is not worth the paper it's printed on. 

Not difficult to work out why the sport is in a mess is it ? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yeah J - youd be the saviour of the sport :cheers:

well you never know you might not be too far from the truth there

jenga once over played a big part in saving speedway in a certain area

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marko said:

We never travel that well away anyway, I still think it’s a reasonable side, maybe not a stand out unless the likes of Zach hit the ground running, look at Swindon last season, no one fancied them.

Anyway what’s done is done, there is no point debating this any longer, a decision had been made and we will have to take it on the chin and battle on as we always do.

I agree with you Marko it’s going to need Zach to really push on, he was top class last season so fingers crossed he can push on again this season.