British Speedway Forum

On 30 January 2018 at 5:54 PM, liam said:

One person who is not to blame is Max Clegg, can he not claim loss of potential earnings or at least be compensated?

No.

On 30 January 2018 at 5:54 PM, liam said:

One person who is not to blame is Max Clegg, can he not claim loss of potential earnings or at least be compensated?

No.

On 30 January 2018 at 6:50 PM, bigred said:

Maybe payback because cookie sacked vatcher !!! 

As Will  Shakespeare  said....

Hell hath no fury  like a team manager scorned 

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Looks like a meeting for the derby and Joan club!

How very dare you! The oldies on here will be suggesting you have said they should be rounded up and killed now!

1 hour ago, SCB said:

How very dare you! The oldies on here will be suggesting you have said they should be rounded up and killed now!

Oh dear SCB, are you still trying to defend your moronic and offensive ageism by sneering and ridicule? For the benefit of those that haven't seen this person's constant attacks on older supporters and blaming them for the ills of speedway elsewhere the worst example was "Why pander to them, they'll be dead soon?" Treat him with the contempt he deserves. 

It's pathetic that someone who passes himself off as vaguely intelligent can make such ignorant and offensive posts and when rightly criticised tries to ridicule those who dare to do so. Truly pathetic. 

Stick to regurgitating the rule book. 

Anyway, welcome back to the second tier, Lakeside, you have been missed and I hope you have a superb year. Those of you old enough to be despised by the likes of SCB will at least take some reassurance that they are unlikely to have to put up with the individual concerned this year since he is far too self-important to attend Championship level speedway. 

Despite my involvement at Rye House over the years I still have a soft spot for Arena-Essex, especially since I recorded the commentary on the first-ever meeting there in 1984.

Oops, that shows how old I am. I should be ashamed of myself, not having died yet. ;-)

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Oh dear SCB, are you still trying to defend your moronic and offensive ageism by sneering and ridicule? For the benefit of those that haven't seen this person's constant attacks on older supporters and blaming them for the ills of speedway elsewhere the worst example was "Why pander to them, they'll be dead soon?" Treat him with the contempt he deserves. 

It's pathetic that someone who passes himself off as vaguely intelligent can make such ignorant and offensive posts and when rightly criticised tries to ridicule those who dare to do so. Truly pathetic. 

Stick to regurgitating the rule book. 

Anyway, welcome back to the second tier, Lakeside, you have been missed and I hope you have a superb year. Those of you old enough to be despised by the likes of SCB will at least take some reassurance that they are unlikely to have to put up with the individual concerned this year since he is far too self-important to attend Championship level speedway. 

Despite my involvement at Rye House over the years I still have a soft spot for Arena-Essex, especially since I recorded the commentary on the first-ever meeting there in 1984.

Oops, that shows how old I am. I should be ashamed of myself, not having died yet. ;-)

It’s a cold, hard fact that 50% of people in the U.K. over the age of 65 will be dead in 10 years time.

So what about my statement is incorrect? They will be dead soon (in the scheme of things),  certainly soberer than 15-35 year olds that the sport does its best to alienate.

50 minutes ago, SCB said:

It’s a cold, hard fact that 50% of people in the U.K. over the age of 65 will be dead in 10 years time.

So what about my statement is incorrect? They will be dead soon (in the scheme of things),  certainly soberer than 15-35 year olds that the sport does its best to alienate.

Your first sentence is plain wrong.

Life expectancy at 65 is a further 17 years on average. So well over 50% of 65 year olds will still be alive.

See https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/lifeexpectancies/bulletins/lifeexpectancyatbirthandatage65bylocalareasintheunitedkingdom/2014-04-16

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Your first sentence is plain wrong.

Life expectancy at 65 is a further 17 years on average. So well over 50% of 65 year olds will still be alive.

See https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/lifeexpectancies/bulletins/lifeexpectancyatbirthandatage65bylocalareasintheunitedkingdom/2014-04-16

That stat doesn’t disprove mine. You have 4 old people, they are all aged 65. In 10 years time 2 of them have died aged 74 but the other two live until they’re 90. They have averaged 82 but half of them have not made it another 10 years.

1 minute ago, SCB said:

That stat doesn’t disprove mine. You have 4 old people, they are all aged 65. In 10 years time 2 of them have died aged 74 but the other two live until they’re 90. They have averaged 82 but half of them have not made it another 10 years.

Please go and take a happy pill  :D 

When one has reached the bottom of the hole, one should stop digging.

47 minutes ago, TonyE said:

When one has reached the bottom of the hole, one should stop digging.

but if you keep digging, eventually you'll fall out the other end ;)

2 hours ago, SCB said:

And I thought you were numerate and understood statistical distributions. A very poor attempt to justify your wildly inaccurate statement.

• Like 2