British Speedway Forum

No one can say wether a meetings good or bad till its over..Personally i can not wait for it to arrive after this long horrible winter

Considering how popular the guy was, I find it hard to believe more riders did not make themselves openly available to ride in this meeting, I would like to think at least some of the money would go towards the Richardson family but that's not our business.

Will it be a good meeting? no one can say until after the event, its a 12 or 13 rider individual, its a competitive meeting but no one will be doing anything silly, the track will be very slick as most are early on whilst riders regain there fitness and blow away the cobwebs, four riders doing four laps, cue polite applause.

However, the real action will commence the following week against the Witches, that's when business picks up, that's when it's count, that's where honour is at stake and you will have a proper atmosphere.

2 hours ago, marko said:

Considering how popular the guy was, I find it hard to believe more riders did not make themselves openly available to ride in this meeting, I would like to think at least some of the money would go towards the Richardson family but that's not our business.

Will it be a good meeting? no one can say until after the event, its a 12 or 13 rider individual, its a competitive meeting but no one will be doing anything silly, the track will be very slick as most are early on whilst riders regain there fitness and blow away the cobwebs, four riders doing four laps, cue polite applause.

However, the real action will commence the following week against the Witches, that's when business picks up, that's when it's count, that's where honour is at stake and you will have a proper atmosphere.

But would the riders be able to take on the business the following week, without these sort of meetings to get match ready and with proven engines when the business picks up.

Edited by Tsunami

I can’t wait to see some speedway again, really looking forward to seeing how Morris, Newman and Ellis go and will also be good to see Zach.

Yeah Paul Hurry very unhappy at being dropped from his mates tribute meeting. Also been posted on Facebook that much like the 5k owed to Nielson that Hurry is also still owed money.

Wonder how many others have been affected by this?

6 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Yeah Paul Hurry very unhappy at being dropped from his mates tribute meeting. Also been posted on Facebook that much like the 5k owed to Nielson that Hurry is also still owed money.

Wonder how many others have been affected by this?

How much is Hurry owed?

23 hours ago, liam said:

How much is Hurry owed?

I cant find him saying anything about money. He posted that he was unhappy about being dropped to reserve for the Rico meetng,

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, marko said:

Its not helped by the fact that Poole and Glasgow are running meetings the same night, plus the fact that there are other warm up meetings the same week. I think its fair that the 7 home riders are all in, and Cookie has done the right thing in offering a place to Max Clegg but of course there will be those who don't want to see riders of basically NL standard. Personally I would have liked to have seen Jason Edwards being given a place but then even more people would moan. So once Max Clegg is added that only leave 4 places. I don't think anyone could moan about Ed Kennet or Steve Worrall being in the line up. Well see how it works out but given reasonable weather I don't think it will be too bad for a loosener. 

Does anybody know if Press and Practice is going to happen this Thursday, if so what time?

18 minutes ago, hawks 1975 said:

Does anybody know if Press and Practice is going to happen this Thursday, if so what time?

Could be wrong but I think it said on website it’s going to be before the meeting Friday mate.

2 hours ago, liam said:

Could be wrong but I think it said on website it’s going to be before the meeting Friday mate.

Probably because Swindon have slipped @ meeting in on Thursday and Nick, Zak and Adam will be down there.