British Speedway Forum

This thread is ending up down a dead end!:D

Shall we all bury it then ?

17 hours ago, TonyE said:

This thread is ending up down a dead end!:D

It's just the twilight zone between teams being named and the tapes going up in March . 

Good to see the club launch the new junior members trackside club, hopefully it proves successful and gets more youngsters interested in the sport. I think they will be doing more school visits aswell.

• Like 2

If it’s true that Kennett and Nicholls are being allowed to drop down I’d be absolutely fuming if I was the Lakeside management. Stopped from signing two riders (incorrectly it turns out) but allowed to sign two others (incorrectly it turns out) and having their team totally screwed up.

Edited by SCB

6 minutes ago, SCB said:

If it’s true that Kennett and Nicholls are being allowed to drop down I’d be a solutly fuming if I was he Lakeside management. Stopped from signing two riders (incorrectly it turns out) but allowed to sign two others (incorrectly it turns out) and having their team totally screwed up.

Surely this is the reason why, whether rule was right or wrong, it should never be overturned:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Wise up people, this is speedway. If it has a chance to do something stupid and make its self look even more daft, it makes the most of that chance everytime. As a punter the only thing I can do is stop handing my cash over. 

2 hours ago, SCB said:

If it’s true that Kennett and Nicholls are being allowed to drop down I’d be absolutely fuming if I was the Lakeside management. Stopped from signing two riders (incorrectly it turns out) but allowed to sign two others (incorrectly it turns out) and having their team totally screwed up.

If true all speedway fans should be fuming because it highlights once again we have a so called governing body that dosnt know whether it’s on its base or its apex and hasn’t got a clue what it’s doing. This situation would just about be acceptable if it were sorted within a week of the AGM but to dither around for three months in each case puts it beyond farce. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

If true all speedway fans should be fuming because it highlights once again we have a so called governing body that dosnt know whether it’s on its base or its apex and hasn’t got a clue what it’s doing. This situation would just about be acceptable if it were sorted within a week of the AGM but to dither around for three months in each case puts it beyond farce. 

But “all speedway fans” can’t/won’t be fuming because they’ve been complaining about the injustice of a rule that’s has existed for 20 of the last 21 years being implimented!

Just been reading this on Twitter. £26k he is owed. Disgraceful. Iam shocked why he continued to ride.

It would be very interesting to hear Jon Cook's side of this story, as I'm convinced Stuart Douglas would unaware of any such goings on at his club!!

34 minutes ago, liam said:

Just been reading this on Twitter. £26k he is owed. Disgraceful. Iam shocked why he continued to ride.

Because even in this type of circumstance he wouldve received a ban  and fine for with holding his services!!