British Speedway Forum

Would have been happy seeing the likes of Jason Edwards in this meeting, having a variety of riders at different levels helps those boys, only one rider can win the meeting after all.

Just think having these 12 rider individuals is such a cop out, if your going to do something, do it properly, especially when your honouring the memory of a rider.

12 hours ago, marko said:

Would have been happy seeing the likes of Jason Edwards in this meeting, having a variety of riders at different levels helps those boys, only one rider can win the meeting after all.

Just think having these 12 rider individuals is such a cop out, if your going to do something, do it properly, especially when your honouring the memory of a rider.

The reality of modern speedway is that 15 heats is all crowd numbers will usually support, especially in these early season meetings . Very few 20 or 23 heat individual meetings pay their way these days except at the highest level.

12 rider individuals have never pulled in the  fans,who basicaly detest them..so why do they not learn from past mistakes  are all promoters thick??

But its not even 15 heats as normally you have 12 qualifying races, a semi final for riders 3-6 and a final, 14 heats in all.

On ‎20‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, marko said:

But its not even 15 heats as normally you have 12 qualifying races, a semi final for riders 3-6 and a final, 14 heats in all.

Format is actually 15 Heats + Final.

Riders have 5 Rides each. Top 4 to the Final.

Not a bad night really with all the Lakeside riders looking good except Alfie who did struggle. Morris was quality and Ellis really impressed me he looks a totally different rider to the one we had a few years ago. Fingers crossed we can go to Peterborough and give a good performance.

Adam Ellis absolutely flew tonight, if he keeps that sort of form up Hammers will be contenders, he along with Kyle, Richard and Nick really do provide us with a very strong top four, I also think Ben and Zach will do exceptionally well at home, it will take a very good team to turn us over at Arena this year.

It was a very well run meeting tonight, the action was kept moving swiftly, the ref Chris Gay only pulled heats back where a rider got a advantage from any slight movement, which wasn't very often and we had 16 heats all done in just under 90 mins.

16 minutes ago, liam said:

Not a bad night really with all the Lakeside riders looking good except Alfie who did struggle. Morris was quality and Ellis really impressed me he looks a totally different rider to the one we had a few years ago. Fingers crossed we can go to Peterborough and give a good performance.

I thought Alfie put in a good performance all things considered - he was well placed on the two occasions he fell and was, generally, not far off the pace. I think he will do Ok for a two point reserve.

• Like 1

An impressive display from most of the Lakeside riders tonight, with Adam looking particularly good. More than anything it was good to see some speedway after a long winter!

Any idea if anything is being done with the race jackets? I could be wrong but it looked like they had been signed by the riders.

1 minute ago, TonyE said:

I thought Alfie put in a good performance all things considered - he was well placed on the two occasions he fell and was, generally, not far off the pace. I think he will do Ok for a two point reserve.

Agreed - he gated well in a couple of races and perhaps was just over riding slightly in races that you’d reasonably expect to be difficult for him. Give him a couple of meetings and I think he’ll be picking up a few points here and there.

Some excellent racing tonight, with lots of passing.  Good start to the season and looks like an exciting season ahead at Arena this year.  Nice comments by Nick Morris about Lee Richardson and from Adam Ellis about the Hammers fans.  Can't wait until next week.

7 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

An impressive display from most of the Lakeside riders tonight, with Adam looking particularly good. More than anything it was good to see some speedway after a long winter!

Any idea if anything is being done with the race jackets? I could be wrong but it looked like they had been signed by the riders.

There will be an auction I was told in the pits after the meeting 

• Thanks 1

This Lakeside team will take some stopping in meetings over 2 legs. They'll hammer (no pun intended) most teams at home probably by more then they'll lose by away

• Like 1

A decent crowd and a well run meeting. Our heat leaders are a match for anyone in the division, and our tail end will be very strong at home. Looking forward to a good season for the Hammers.So good to be back at live speedway after the winter.

• Like 1