British Speedway Forum

About three out of seven. If Scott decides to ride in the Championship it is likely to be with Ipswich. As an asset of Glasgow, Richard will remain there whilst I don't think we shall see Robert back and Robin appears to have retired. Yes, I believe Edward will return and I would be extremely surprised if Ben and Zach are not included. I'm not sure who else though. Lewis (Kerr) seemed to like us and Jon has a great relationship with Kim (Nilsson) despite suggesting an all British line-up. Will former rider, Justin Sedgmen be here in 2018 as well?

Those of us who supported the Hammers during the Pete Thorogood years have a good working of the north already, However I think Jon Cook might need one!

Lawson wont be at glasgow confirmed by the rider himself most likely destination is you guys

Lawson wont be at glasgow confirmed by the rider himself most likely destination is you guys

If that is the case then it is extremely good news.

I wonder if this team would fit for next year's Lakeside Hammers team:

1 Scott Nicholls

2 James Shanes

3 Adam Ellis

4 Max Clegg

5 Edward Kennett

6 Ben Morley

7 Zach Watjknecht

A good top 2 and 5 riders whose averages can increase. Shanes has never ridden in the second tier, so should have a low average. Zach has never averaged above 3 in that division so will be on a bargain starting value. Ben & Adam have pretty low averages from previous years in the PL. Tom Brennan could be another possibility.

I don't suppose that we could fit Nicholls, Lawson & Kennett in the same team is there? Really not sure what the averages would be for most of these riders.

Good news that we are now in the championship. Would imagine we will see Kennett Lawson Morley and Zach in the team, hopefully we will see some young riders who can do the business on the road aswell.

Think I may have missed something here. Who did Lakeside beat in the promotion/relegation play-off to enable them to go up?

Think I may have missed something here. Who did Lakeside beat in the promotion/relegation play-off to enable them to go up?

The same team that lost to Somerset and Rye the year before. Whoever it is has dropped 2 leagues in 2 years by the look of it(!)

Still a Glasgow asset so they'll be looking forward to receiving the loan fee

I wonder if this team would fit for next year's Lakeside Hammers team:

1 Scott Nicholls

2 James Shanes

3 Adam Ellis

4 Max Clegg

5 Edward Kennett

6 Ben Morley

7 Zach Watjknecht

A good top 2 and 5 riders whose averages can increase. Shanes has never ridden in the second tier, so should have a low average. Zach has never averaged above 3 in that division so will be on a bargain starting value. Ben & Adam have pretty low averages from previous years in the PL. Tom Brennan could be another possibility.

I don't suppose that we could fit Nicholls, Lawson & Kennett in the same team is there? Really not sure what the averages would be for most of these riders.

Do you actually want to win anything? Max Clegg proved last season he isn't a second string and TBH I'd be amazed if any of the other bottom 3 would be either. While any 2 of Shanes, Morley and Watjknecht would make a decent enough reserve pairing you'll need something a bit more solid in the 1-5.

Do you actually want to win anything? Max Clegg proved last season he isn't a second string and TBH I'd be amazed if any of the other bottom 3 would be either. While any 2 of Shanes, Morley and Watjknecht would make a decent enough reserve pairing you'll need something a bit more solid in the 1-5.

It was more about asking if that team is close to the points limit. It is a strong top 3, that usually means there are not many points left at the bottom end. I could have put Sedgmen in at 4, but as I don't know all the averages, I wasn't making it too strong. Robson is an asset, so he could also feature. I can't see many 5 pointers being available for us, so looked at a strong top end with riders who I believe will increase their starting averages. A dream team would be Nicholls, Nilsson, Lawon, Ellis, Bridger, Wajtknecht & Morley but that is way too high so I didn't suggest it,

At first glance Cliv your 7 totals under 40 so could strengthen by 2.5-3 points

Not sure if this team fits but I would like to see Kennett, Lawson, Ellis, Bridger, Robbo, Morley/Clegg and Zach? I thought Lewis had retired due to his back injury last season and his twitter says ex pro speedway rider but I would like to see him back he is great to watch at Lakeside.

Said it before but Lewis Bridger for me is a guy with issues which has not corrected itself with age so I doubt he will change now, when his head is in the right place he can be a very good rider but when it’s not it’s dead weight, sorry but Lewis for me is too unpredictable.

Adam Ellis.....the jury is out on him, could never ride our track then joined Poole and delivered a back handed insult to his former club and came back and rode the track like he had mastered it, again very good rider potentially but would his head be in the right place to ride our track (which he claims to not like) every week?

Lawson, Kennet, Morley and Zach should all be in the frame but as mentioned before I would really love to see Rory Schlein race for us at some point, of course he is not British but I think he only rides in England and maybe Sweden on Tuesdays?

With the tactical subs coming back having a good top three is going to be paramount in picking up points on the road.

Good news on the site by the sounds of it!

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/raceway-sold-but-hammers-secure/

Wow that’s interesting, never saw that coming and what’s more important is the words come from Stuart Douglas himself.

Slowly but surely, things are turning round for us.

Ultimately, I want to see us in the top league eventually but I think dropping out when we did might have been a blessing as it really had gone stale.

I'm most pleased that I have a good reason to visit Peterborough again....excellent circuit.

I look forward to watching the likes of Zach and hopefully Jason Edwards progress with us all the way back to the top.

Cooks only priority is to win home meetings and keep his fans happy, looking at the thread so far it’s clear that theme will continue.