British Speedway Forum

Cooks only priority is to win home meetings and keep his fans happy, looking at the thread so far it’s clear that theme will continue.

He is far from unique in that respect but 'the thread' doesn't pick the team!

I wonder if this team would fit for next year's Lakeside Hammers team:

1 Scott Nicholls

2 James Shanes

3 Adam Ellis

4 Max Clegg

5 Edward Kennett

6 Ben Morley

7 Zach Watjknecht

A good top 2 and 5 riders whose averages can increase. Shanes has never ridden in the second tier, so should have a low average. Zach has never averaged above 3 in that division so will be on a bargain starting value. Ben & Adam have pretty low averages from previous years in the PL. Tom Brennan could be another possibility.

I don't suppose that we could fit Nicholls, Lawson & Kennett in the same team is there? Really not sure what the averages would be for most of these riders.

1. Edward Kennett 9.28

2. Rob Branford 3.94/Ben Morley 3.85

3. Scott Nicholls 9.21

4. Lewis Kerr 6.85

5. Richard Lawson 8.62

6. Zach Wajtknecht 2.56 (Assume he gets a 2.5% reduction? And if not, he'd fit with his original average if Ben Morley was at 2)

7. 2.00er (Alfie Bowtell 2.03 fits, Jack Thomas??? Another??)

Maybe a very long tail, but an example of a team with Nicholls, Lawson and Kennett in it

Edited by Dandelion

Iam not sure why its great news Nick to be honest? All it says is we are secure for 2018.

no it says in talks already with new owners never know they

might spend a few quid on it

We always build to have good home advantage, its just the way it has always been, the only exception was 1991 when we were awesome away from home too but that was a side unlikely ever to be repeated.

However with this latest news it begs the question if we are going to have a new track, even if its in the same location, what would everyone want? I would love a track built to the same dimensions as Gustrow, that is an awesome track, very wide plenty of lines and speed, if i had to pick a British League track to copy then Somerset or Peterborough, Belle Vues is very good but its sheer size and area it would take up i think would make it a no go.

A bit more than s FEW quid is needed. :lol:

I hope youre right mate, I would like to know who has bought the raceway and the land as I personally thought houses would be built and the track would be gone. It was good to see Stuart Douglas giving the update.

Think many of your averages are out Dandelion

I know, the final averages aren't out yet, but I'm busy using the averages from before October :P

And with Scott and Eddie, I'm just assuming that it'd be the 2017 team building average (9.21/9.28) but if there's another rule saying that his PL average will be converted or something, please tell me :) Thanks

Edited by Dandelion

I hope youre right mate, I would like to know who has bought the raceway and the land as I personally thought houses would be built and the track would be gone. It was good to see Stuart Douglas giving the update.

tried to find out but no luck

He is far from unique in that respect but 'the thread' doesn't pick the team!

I understand the need to win regularly at home but big home wins and crashing away defeats generally wins you jack.

• Like 1

1. Edward Kennett 9.28

2. Rob Branford 3.94/Ben Morley 3.85

3. Scott Nicholls 9.21

4. Lewis Kerr 6.85

5. Richard Lawson 8.62

6. Zach Wajtknecht 2.56 (Assume he gets a 2.5% reduction? And if not, he'd fit with his original average if Ben Morley was at 2)

7. 2.00er (Alfie Bowtell 2.03 fits, Jack Thomas??? Another??)

Maybe a very long tail, but an example of a team with Nicholls, Lawson and Kennett in it

Kerr hotly tipped with Glasgow move

Kerr hotly tipped with Glasgow move

Half the Championship is tipped for Glasgow

• Like 3

Iam not sure why its great news Nick to be honest? All it says is we are secure for 2018.

The following quote is why I have reason for optimism.

Says Douglas: At long last we have certainty and with the new site owners already making contact with our representatives we look forward to working with them to provide the joys of Speedway for future generations in Thurrock and the wider Essex area".

With respect to Jon Cook, I feel a little more assured that the news has come from Stuart.

• Like 1

The following quote is why I have reason for optimism.

Says Douglas: At long last we have certainty and with the new site owners already making contact with our representatives we look forward to working with them to provide the joys of Speedway for future generations in Thurrock and the wider Essex area".

With respect to Jon Cook, I feel a little more assured that the news has come from Stuart.

Fingers crossed then mate. Would be nice if a few quid was spent on the place.