British Speedway Forum

More guests = less fans. Can't the chairman and all other promoters see that the fans are so against all the guests. Every week people come onto this forum to complain about the amount of guests, and yet the Heirarchy can't see the problem with it. Speedway rapidly going downhill until someone says enough is enough and we must listen to what the paying public actually would like.

Perhaps they are much to busy to read what is posted, or they can't read so well or they are so busy marketing speedway on social media. Could be something like that.

Was there not some kind of forum in Nuneaton shortly after the AGM? From memory I remember one promoter complaining that it was very poorly attended by fans.

Yes there was and I attended it,The BSPA did lots of publicity for it, but it really was very poorly attended, but in the following weeks S.Star It was Godfrey who was quoted as saying it was a big success and it will be a annual event, and of course there hasn’t been one since,says it all really doesn't it

Time to go to "Year Zero" and start again?

99.9% of the population of the country has no idea who Jason Doyle is or what he achieved today...

This time tomorrow evening, 99.9% of the population will still have no idea who Jason Doyle is and what he achieved today..

That is a huge untapped market to pursue, with a massive % living within 45 mins of a Speedway track..

Maybe we should just start again and build the sport from the ground up?

Semi pro at absolute best?

Heroes will be lost but new heroes will be made...

Time for British Speedway to stand alone and make its own bed and lie in it?

Riders earning in ONE night considerably more than they earned in a FIVE day week at their 'proper other job'..?

Riders riding four or five times a week on the nights each track feel it's best for their business?...

FIVE nights of actual racing earning much more than five WEEKS of 'normal work'?

No hotel costs, no airline costs...

The Sport seemed to work when it did that. ..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 8

99.9% of the population of the country has no idea who Jason Doyle is or what he achieved today...

This time tomorrow evening, 99.9% of the population will still have no idea who Jason Doyle is and what he achieved today..

That is a huge untapped market to pursue, with a massive % living within 45 mins of a Speedway track..

Riders earning in ONE night considerably more than they earned in a FIVE day week at their 'proper other job'..?

Riders riding four or five times a week on the nights each track feel it's best for their business?...

FIVE nights of actual racing earning much more than five WEEKS of 'normal work'?

Bang on the money, best post I have read for some while.

• Like 5

Sounds almost like the Provincial League and that certainly worked.

I agree too - with the caveat that we can't recreate the seventies (or even sixties) the world has moved on.

It is time to break the sport's current financial model (where the main beneficiaries are engine tuners and Easyjet)

• Like 9

Mike bv-every word you said is right on the money - be nice if someone listened.

• Like 2

Just out of interest, where has this 'we need more guests' comment come from?? Reportedly from Buster but where and when was it stated, cos I've missed it.

Thanks, but no 'more guests' comment more recently than Feb last year?!

Video links supplied as an entirely separate matter of interest.

I'm sure someone else will be able to answer your question.

Edited by ballinger

Speedway Star I believe, about a month ago. I definitely read it somewhere after a mention on here.

• Like 1

I had no idea of what Jason Doyle had done either until i just read this thread yet i am a speedway fan who goes to a couple meetings every week.

• Like 1

Speedway Star I believe, about a month ago. I definitely read it somewhere after a mention on here.

LITTLE longer than a month ago but it was in SS