British Speedway Forum

politicians are brought and sold like cotton and if you think having one as a friend in politics is in any way more benificial than money then Im not the one who is way off , this has been proven many times with now housing estates that used to be stadiums where the was considerable lobbying to save them , politicians will say anything for a vote and do pretty much anything for money and that includes stabbing speedway in the back, next you will be saying the AGM should be held abroad because the winter sun helps the members to come up with better ideas , actually while on the subject where is the AGM this year ?

Hall Green, Birmingham??????

politicians are brought and sold like cotton and if you think having one as a friend in politics is in any way more benificial than money then Im not the one who is way off , this has been proven many times with now housing estates that used to be stadiums where the was considerable lobbying to save them , politicians will say anything for a vote and do pretty much anything for money and that includes stabbing speedway in the back, next you will be saying the AGM should be held abroad because the winter sun helps the members to come up with better ideas , actually while on the subject where is the AGM this year ?

No I won't, cos that is just your stupid comment on it. The AGM was and is now being held abroad cos for a lot of promoters it is the only opportunity some get to take a holiday. It also means they attend all sessions, which was not the case with UK venues.

I agree in principle about the loyalty of politicians, but the system of having representations is better than not having any at all.

Somewhere far away beginning with T - NO not Turkey but nearly as sunny. And NO not Tadcaster. It is well known that the effect of the sun does aid inspiration but sadly all the thinking was done in ( or on the way to ) Rugby.

Why not try humour, you might even be good at it. Sarcasm you obviously are not.

No I won't, cos that is just your stupid comment on it. The AGM was and is now being held abroad cos for a lot of promoters it is the only opportunity some get to take a holiday. It also means they attend all sessions, which was not the case with UK venues..

they get 5 months to take a holiday , I run a buisness when do I get to take a holiday ? And if they wont turn up in the uk fine them , no wonder the sport is a mess , its not just riders who cant be arsed to turn up, its promotors too , Im gonsmacked at your reply , I expected you to give a good reason why its abroad ,the bspa need to take a real good look at themselves because its just a social club Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

they get 5 months to take a holiday , I run a buisness when do I get to take a holiday ? And if they wont turn up in the uk fine them , no wonder the sport is a mess , its not just riders who cant be arsed to turn up, its promotors too , Im gonsmacked at your reply , I expected you to give a good reason why its abroad ,the bspa need to take a real good look at themselves because its just a social club

If what you say is true - that is a disgrace.

No I won't, cos that is just your stupid comment on it. The AGM was and is now being held abroad cos for a lot of promoters it is the only opportunity some get to take a holiday. It also means they attend all sessions, which was not the case with UK venues.

I agree in principle about the loyalty of politicians, but the system of having representations is better than not having any at all.

Why not try humour, you might even be good at it. Sarcasm you obviously are not.

Sorry Pal, the AGM is not a time to take a holiday, its to sort the BL**dy mess out that they have got speedway into. That meeting should be held in the UK and not Tenerife. The reason for Tenerife is simply to have a jolly and a p*ss up, most decisions will have already been discussed, and the most they have to do is stick their hands into the air, or perhaps somewhere more appropriate.

• Like 2

I thought it was a pretty good attempt at sarcasm - as in the dictionary definition " to mock or convey contempt" which I was trying to do. As along term fan it's better to laugh than cry about what the BSPA have done to the sport of speedway in the UK over the last 20 years. Other posters may know, but are you a promoter or ex-promoter by any chance? You are very defensive of them particularly those at Newcastle.

You wouldn't think 'fitting a holiday in' during the Summer would be too difficult for Promoters...

Most of them have teams that sometimes go weeks without racing....

An 'Around the World' cruise could be gone on by some of them during the season and they wouldn't miss a match...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Other posters may know, but are you a promoter or ex-promoter by any chance? You are very defensive of them particularly those at Newcastle.

Far for me to defend Tsunami, but he does know something about speedway promotion, and I really don't know why people get so worked up about promoters taking a cheap package tour to Tenerife to have their Conference & AGM. It's probably works out cheaper than holding a meeting somewhere in the UK, and having everyone held captive usually also focuses minds.

No-one is going to pretend the sport isn't in anything but a desperate situation nowadays, but it's become so undercapitalised that I can't believe it's much more than a loss-making labour of love for most promoters. I think even the best marketing person in the world would have difficulty digging speedway out of its current hole, even if you could get all the promoters to agree on the way forwards. And let's be frank, most fans on here can't agree on anything either.

• Like 6

they get 5 months to take a holiday , I run a buisness when do I get to take a holiday ? And if they wont turn up in the uk fine them , no wonder the sport is a mess , its not just riders who cant be arsed to turn up, its promotors too , Im gonsmacked at your reply , I expected you to give a good reason why its abroad ,the bspa need to take a real good look at themselves because its just a social club

I think you should read it again. The promoters have 5 months yes from 1st November to beginning of March. The AGM in usually in November and some stay on after the AGM with their families so yes they are arsed to turn up cos they are there. Read it again.

With the UK locations those who have a business to run still try to do so as well as attending the AGM, but have been known to be late doing both. Going abroad limits that. Nowt to do with your conclusion of "not being arsed to turn up". That's just you and your negativity to everything rearing it's head again. Pity the other following poster have jumped to the same conclusion as well.

Sorry Pal, the AGM is not a time to take a holiday, its to sort the BL**dy mess out that they have got speedway into. That meeting should be held in the UK and not Tenerife. The reason for Tenerife is simply to have a jolly and a p*ss up, most decisions will have already been discussed, and the most they have to do is stick their hands into the air, or perhaps somewhere more appropriate.

Totally disagree with you Taffy. Any opportunity to get away is yes an opportunity to have a piss up if you want. During the day of course you start business at 9.00am in the morning, and usually end business at about 5.00 - 5.30pm. those with family share their night with their family and those on their own can quite frankly get pissed if they want. It is their choice what they do after business has closed for the night. Actually there is also a lot of business done at night, in particularly sounding out who might become available for the next season. I remember in 1997 the "HONDA" issue discussion went on till 9.45pm, so not so much a piss up and jolly as you and others see to think. Perhaps you have listened to Peter too much.

Not true that they only have to put their hands up for a decision. Yes there are PreAGM meetings to try and get a consensus of all promoters, but having got there, after studying the consequences, there is usually more discussions, in particularly between the leagues. Sometime a decision indicated, is not agreed and the new proposal has to be thrashed out with different affects of both leagues. One year Terry Russell commented that not one preAGM meeting resolution was agreed, and a host of new proposals had to be discussed and agreed, and that sort of thing takes a lot of time to achieve a harmony with both leagues.

You wouldn't think 'fitting a holiday in' during the Summer would be too difficult for Promoters...

Most of them have teams that sometimes go weeks without racing....

An 'Around the World' cruise could be gone on by some of them during the season and they wouldn't miss a match...

Obviously none of the Championship promoters would have that opportunity and how would Premier promoters know when the gaps were going to be and how would their families take time off at the drop of a hat. Not really sensible is it.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

That's just you and your negativity to everything rearing it's head again.

what is there to be positive about ?we are witnessing the slow death of british speedway, Me and my family and most of my friends have all but stopped going to British speedway along with 1000s of others , Ive have been to more meetings in Poland than I have in England but it doesnt seem to register with the bspa or you , the sport is damaged and its been damaged by successive decisions made at AGMs , you can call me negative if you like I couldnt care less but doesnt mean Im wrong Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Maybe method in their madness having the AGM in Tenerife, the San Miguel Riders Championship and Estrella 4's has a ring to it. :cheers::cheers:

what is there to be positive about ?we are witnessing the slow death of british speedway, Me and my family and most of my friends have all but stopped going to British speedway along with 1000s of others , Ive have been to more meetings in Poland than I have in England but it doesnt seem to register with the bspa or you , the sport is damaged and its been damaged by successive decisions made at AGMs , you can call me negative if you like I couldnt care less but doesnt mean Im wrong

I bet 'Double Points' came into to being at an AGM. :o;):mad::mad::mad:

what is there to be positive about ?we are witnessing the slow death of british speedway, Me and my family and most of my friends have all but stopped going to British speedway along with 1000s of others , Ive have been to more meetings in Poland than I have in England but it doesnt seem to register with the bspa or you , the sport is damaged and its been damaged by successive decisions made at AGMs , you can call me negative if you like I couldnt care less but doesnt mean Im wrong

Be honest DEAN, you have never been positive ever.

Be honest DEAN, you have never been positive ever.

if that makes you happy , you dont see me being negative about polish speedway do you ? it has its faults but it is a totally entertaining night out , value for money , speedway that is worth traveling 1000s of miles to see and quite frankly I love it
  • Like 2

Far for me to defend Tsunami, but he does know something about speedway promotion, and I really don't know why people get so worked up about promoters taking a cheap package tour to Tenerife to have their Conference & AGM. It's probably works out cheaper than holding a meeting somewhere in the UK, and having everyone held captive usually also focuses minds.

No-one is going to pretend the sport isn't in anything but a desperate situation nowadays, but it's become so undercapitalised that I can't believe it's much more than a loss-making labour of love for most promoters. I think even the best marketing person in the world would have difficulty digging speedway out of its current hole, even if you could get all the promoters to agree on the way forwards. And let's be frank, most fans on here can't agree on anything either.

Correct it's more cost effective than the UK

• Like 1