British Speedway Forum
Triple.H.

Free Entry 2018

Wasn't there a season-long BSPA pass offered as a raffle prize (or auction, maybe) at the BenFund Bonanza at King's Lynn in 2016?

Never heard about this.

Never heard about this.

Not many have it seems. :unsure::unsure::blink:

Thousands attended Cardiff GP and went to the Monster circus beforehand. At this there was a stand by the BSPA with George English and a few others there with forms to fill out for entry.

Well Done to the winners, the catch to it is the winner on the South Coast has free tickets to all Glasgow matches and the guy from Hulk has tickets for Somerset

Edited by INCOGNITO

Thousands attended Cardiff GP and went to the Monster circus beforehand. At this there was a stand by the BSPA with George English and a few others there with forms to fill out for entry.

Well Done to the winners, the catch to it is the winner on the South Coast has free tickets to all Glasgow matches and the guy from Hulk has tickets for Somerset

There is some irony here that tjhose who are complaining loudest about being unaware of this, or supporting the complainants, regularly post about how crap British Speedway and its administration is or how they refuse to attend meetings. Incredible therefore that they should want to have been able to participate in the draw for free admission, otherwise why would it be such a big issue for them. Possibly it says more about their character and morals than than those of the BSPA. There were many chances to enter by supporting various events so clearly those with a genuine interest in the sport were able to enter by getting off their arses to attend. Well done to them. It has been commented that the winners don't live in places with a track so clearly they must travel some distance to get their fix and are therfore even more worthy of the passes.

I note that those complaining most haven't had the decency to congratulate the winners who I would suggest are the true speddway fans. With this poor attitude I would suggest they are losers in more ways than one.

• Like 2

Hope it didn’t make him too angry ;)

There is some irony here that tjhose who are complaining loudest about being unaware of this, or supporting the complainants, regularly post about how crap British Speedway and its administration is or how they refuse to attend meetings. Incredible therefore that they should want to have been able to participate in the draw for free admission, otherwise why would it be such a big issue for them. Possibly it says more about their character and morals than than those of the BSPA. There were many chances to enter by supporting various events so clearly those with a genuine interest in the sport were able to enter by getting off their arses to attend. Well done to them. It has been commented that the winners don't live in places with a track so clearly they must travel some distance to get their fix and are therfore even more worthy of the passes.

I note that those complaining most haven't had the decency to congratulate the winners who I would suggest are the true speddway fans. With this poor attitude I would suggest they are losers in more ways than one.

Firstly - well done to the Winners. (I mean that sincerely Mr. Ore).

Secondly - I wouldn't have entered as I don't attend.

Thirdly - As someone with a great interest in Speedway you would have thought that the Competition would have been widely advertised in order to make as much money as possible - and yet, interested in Speedway as I am - I knew absolutely nothing about it.

Does that not say something about Speedway's PR - I think it speaks volumes.

I wouldn't have entered as I don't attend.

I knew absolutely nothing about it.

Put these two nuggets of information together and surely it all makes sense?

it's a bit like me pointing out that I don't watch the Great British Bake-off... and then complaining that I don't know who won it, don't know what he/she did to win it and I didn't even know how I could have entered.

Does that not say something about the programme makers PR - I think it speaks volumes .....Well no it doesn't actually.

it's a bit like me pointing out that I don't watch the Great British Bake-off... and then complaining that I don't know who won it, don't know what he/she did to win it and I didn't even know how I could have entered.

Does that not say something about the programme makers PR - I think it speaks volumes .....Well no it doesn't actually.

I read the Speedway Press, I follow the Sport on Television, I talk to Speedway people. I read Speedway Magazines and I am a regular on this Forum - I still knew nothing about the Competition. What does that say about Speedway's PR?

I assumed Forum Members would have the intelligence to grasp where I was coming from - in your case I was very obviously wrong.

• Like 2

Brilliant, so you would run a competition to attract new fans by preaching to the converted? I actually don't mind that we as speedway fans knew very little about it TBH as long as they've been trying to "sell" to new fans. One of the people on that list isn't a new fan so it's certainly been accessible to current speedway fans at some point but for me, the whole point of this is surely to find 5 new fans and get email/postal addresses of 1000s more potential fans. Now just let 5 people who already attend get in for free.

Brilliant, so you would run a competition to attract new fans by preaching to the converted?

No. But it wasn't a competition to attract new fans. It was a competition run at various shared event speedway meetings to reward 5 of the speedway fans, who go to the events.

Personally I wouldn't have run the competition at all. I don't see the point in giving something away to people who are already paying for it anyway.

Instead I would have run a promotion designed to attract new fans. But that's not what this was.

I read the Speedway Press, I follow the Sport on Television, I talk to Speedway people. I read Speedway Magazines and I am a regular on this Forum - I still knew nothing about the Competition. What does that say about Speedway's PR?

I assumed Forum Members would have the intelligence to grasp where I was coming from - in your case I was very obviously wrong.

I assumed you'd have the intelligence to read my post and take it in.... I knew I'd be wrong.

If you (by your own admission) never go to speedway meetings, how are you going to enter a competition held at those meetings?? (Just as I don't watch Great Bake Off, how am I going to know what cakes were made therein?)

If you don't go to speedway, what good would a prize of tickets to speedway be to you? And why would you whinge about not having entered?

(Just as I don't bake cakes, so what good would it be for me to go onto GB Bake off? And why would I whinge about not knowing how to enter a baking contest that i never wanted to enter?)

No. But it wasn't a competition to attract new fans. It was a competition run at various shared event speedway meetings to reward 5 of the speedway fans, who go to the events.

Personally I wouldn't have run the competition at all. I don't see the point in giving something away to people who are already paying for it anyway.

Instead I would have run a promotion designed to attract new fans. But that's not what this was.

I assumed you'd have the intelligence to read my post and take it in.... I knew I'd be wrong.

If you (by your own admission) never go to speedway meetings, how are you going to enter a competition held at those meetings?? (Just as I don't watch Great Bake Off, how am I going to know what cakes were made therein?)

If you don't go to speedway, what good would a prize of tickets to speedway be to you? And why would you whinge about not having entered?

(Just as I don't bake cakes, so what good would it be for me to go onto GB Bake off? And why would I whinge about not knowing how to enter a baking contest that i never wanted to enter?)

If you read my Posts on this subject properly, you will see that I have never whinged about not having entered the Competition, I also stated that I would not want to go in for it anyway. I was complaining purely at the lack of advertising given to it. I was questioning the PR System at the BSPA - that is all.

So it seems my intelligence remark was correct after all.

Tell you what - why don't you go and bake a cake?

We went to a BelleVue meeting where they were handing out forms to everyone

Congratulations to the winners

We went to a BelleVue meeting where they were handing out forms to everyone

Congratulations to the winners

A genuine question - when was this meeting / at which point in the season?