British Speedway Forum
Triple.H.

Free Entry 2018

That's a good idea..must admit I didn't know anything about it though.

Just like 90% of the fans. Shame they go to the expense of running such a competition and then fail to market it.

• Like 6

That's a good idea..must admit I didn't know anything about it though.

When I saw the tweets I thought it was a competition they were running at the Dirt Bike Show, however the press release says it has been running since the British GP.

I don't know where this was advertised, but I certainly hadn't seen any mention of it before the winners were announced.

Must have announced it on a day when there was real BIG news on Twitter. Nobody I knew that it existed and therefore could not enter. Usual Huge Marketing effort by the BSPA.

Is there the same comp running next year or is this a one off? Or will we find out when winners announced again😜

• Like 1

First I've heard of it.

So, the entry forms were available at "various events" - it would be nice to know which one's.

And how many entry forms were actually submitted.

If they were serious about this, wouldn't it have surfaced long before now, perhaps even had some copy in the Speedway Star.

Terrible marketing and PR

• Like 5

When I saw the tweets I thought it was a competition they were running at the Dirt Bike Show, however the press release says it has been running since the British GP.

I don't know where this was advertised, but I certainly hadn't seen any mention of it before the winners were announced.

Me neither. :sad::sad:

Some PR System they must have at BSPA Towers. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Someone told me about this earlier in the season, but I don't recall the details or where they saw it and had forgottten all about it til reading about the winners. Good idea though and good luck to them...

Interesting to observe none of the winners now have a speedway track in their town/city.

You could conclude that that the sport still has appeal beyond it's core areas.

The BSPA's "New Track Planning Committee" should take note...

I knew nothing about this draw till I saw the results yesterday and decided to post them on here.

It would appear that the majority of people also knew nothing about it, so in reality quite shambolic organisation and PR by the BSPA

I found out about it at the Scunny v Ipswich meeting in August. Popped my entry in but not a winner :sad: