Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonnybegood

Drew Kemp/jamie Halder

Its different scenarios though. Halder was an unattached rider riding in league meetings which count towards an average, whereas Kemp has stuck to meetings which dont count towards an average: NLKOC, National Trophy & play-offs.

In theory however, I agree that riders such as Kemp & Edwards etc shouldnt be allowed to ride for multiple teams as a 3.00 reserve especially when they prove that theyre better than a 3.00 average yet theyll still start 2018 on a 3.00.

Don’t think it was Jamie Halder, was it not Joe Lawlor at Cradley, last season Lawlor was guesting for every team in the NL, just like Drew Kemp is this season, on the end of season averages Lawlor was 3 as he hadn’t done 4 meetings in the league although he did something like 15 meetings in total, the league coordinator said because he did so many meetings he will have is actual average from the start of this season I would be very surprised if already NL Promoters have been on to the league coordinator to make sure the same thing happens with Drew Kemp,

Can't see a problem with clubs giving a 15 year old a few meetings towards the end of the season tbh. Gives them a taste of team racing without screwing the lad over for his 1st full season in the sport. We moan that we don't have enough talent coming through, you don't want to kill their confidence from the off if they had to start as a heat leader for example. The idea of the league is to help bring these sort of riders on.I know my club is benefitting from it but I wouldn't care what club did it tbh. Really can't see a problem

Dont think it was Jamie Halder, was it not Joe Lawlor at Cradley, last season Lawlor was guesting for every team in the NL, just like Drew Kemp is this season, on the end of season averages Lawlor was 3 as he hadnt done 4 meetings in the league although he did something like 15 meetings in total, the league coordinator said because he did so many meetings he will have is actual average from the start of this season I would be very surprised if already NL Promoters have been on to the league coordinator to make sure the same thing happens with Drew Kemp,

Halder got given a average mid season, after he was dropped by Buxton.

Halder got given a average mid season, after he was dropped by Buxton.

Jamie wasn't dropped by Buxton - he asked to be released as he didn't want to ride in the main body of the team.

Edited by Jayne

Jamie wasn't dropped by Buxton - he asked to be released as he didn't want to ride in the main body of the team.

Same result: he became an unattached 3.00 rider.

Same result: he became an unattached 3.00 rider.

He did but not our choice, we were quite happy to have him in the team.

It's the current rules and ok and I've seen Drew ride for us (Eastie) and against us, best prospect of all the newbies including Brennen and Jenkins, just a shame he's not riding for us next year, envy Mildenhall!

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

I agree, Drew seems to pick up how too ride the tracks so much better than the others but will see with development overall when they start riding higher leagues.

The last time I looked, Drew Kemp had ridden in just 3 NL meetings averaging about 4.9.

He may have been hitting big scores in other meetings where he was having 6 or 7 rides but overall from around 14 meetings he has been averaging around 5.7.

Whatever Drew's current average is he is definitely a talented youngster who will go places in Speedway, that's a certainty if he avoids major injuries.

Drew Kemp is the best prospect i have seen since Dan Bewley,and i hope he does not get a heat leader role straight away he needs time ti develop. But i am sure he will progress to a heat leader during the season .By the way what as happened to Taylor Hampshire he was another i was impressed with but he seems to have vanished