British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonnybegood

Drew Kemp/jamie Halder

Hampshire can be brilliant or he can be terrible, his bike runs or it doesnt. At Birmingham he is near on untouchable anywhere else well he isnt exactly a world beater other than the odd performance at Kent

Yeah he came to kent in a challenge match and scored a high teens score. He then guested for kent at Stoke in the the number 5 jacket and gave a good account of himself in the deep end.

There is a fine line between fairness and aiding development. I agree that the league is pretty much about training up young lads but while there are trophies on offer fair assessment of averages has to happen. Kemp has proved several times as a guest that he is far more than a three pointer and his average should really be assessed to reflect that. Not so much that it screws him over but to a more realistic figure.

• Like 1

Drew Kemp has stuck within the rules as far as i am aware and should not be penalised with an average of anything other than 3.00 to start the season. Its clear he has a talent and he will achieve a true average over the season and quite likely follow the footsteps of Jordan Jenkins into the main body of the team at Mildenhall.

If a change of rules is to be brought in for the future then fine but you can't change them retrospectively just because it suits/doesn't suit certain teams.

• Like 2

Kemp may go like Brennan did this year from reserve to No 1.

There is too much reassessing of riders' averages in speedway.

An average should be the average: end of.

Any multipliers should remain constant over a period of years.

No special cases.

If everyone just stuck to the rules, things would be fine.

Trouble comes when people want to bend the rules for 'special cases'. There should be none: end of.

• Like 3

Well I hope for Drew its not reassessed, as he is a lovely young lad and so are his family. Is why so many Eastbourne fans ended up talking too his Mum at Eastbourne.

definitely no reassessment for me . it's a teams good fortune to pick up a 'wonder kid' if they're lucky and anyway if he rides next year like he has this he'll be at no1 after 4 meetings . my only problem is the next time i see him he'll be sticking it to eastbournes reserves and possibly one or two heat leaders. great prospect and shouldn't be handicapped for being special.

Edited by gee jay
  • Like 1

There is a fine line between fairness and aiding development. I agree that the league is pretty much about training up young lads but while there are trophies on offer fair assessment of averages has to happen. Kemp has proved several times as a guest that he is far more than a three pointer and his average should really be assessed to reflect that. Not so much that it screws him over but to a more realistic figure.

Mildenhall stated earlier in the season that Kemp was signed on for 2018. If he had just rode for Mildenhall this season the 3 NL meetings and National Trophy meetings to ensure he didn't get a higher starting average i could understand it, but he then keeps guesting for other teams whilst dodging Mildenhall league fixtures which to me isn't right.

• Like 2

You can add Sam Beebee to this scenario, at the end of 2016 his average was 4.25. But it has been dropped to 3.00 for next season!

They hadn't counted all the league meetings he did. That's why his average was dropped