Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

MOST of that is what would probably now be called "fake news." Some Argentinian geezer alongside Greg ... where did that come from?

It came from your post about Vaculik lining up alongside Milik.If that can happen,then anything is open and we know Armando has a liking for Argentina.Ok I guess if any are that good he will get them in the Italian pair though :rofl:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

I have only read the head line since the article is behind a pay wall but the headline says "Smederna might get the SWC final":

"https://www.ekuriren.se/sport/smederna-kan-fa-finalen-i-lag-vm/"

on the news paper's FB page it says that Smedernas club president Håkan Ringkvist says that they are waiting for a definite answer.

https://www.facebook.com/eksporten/posts/1745688802169008

Edited by Ghostwalker

No doubt Denmark or Sweden or maybe even Germany might want to host some sort of quali round where their team is more than likely going to get through if half the teams do and they are up against Finland,Italy,Hungary,who will obviously be far more competitive than they would be in the SWC :rofl: Trouble is when you get a quali in Russia and half the teams don't turn up and so you have Russia 1,Russia 2 and Russia 3 alongside some made up Crovakia team and some Argentinian geezer alongside Greg to make an Americas team.After a few years surely Finland and Hungary will get fed up not qualifying and travelling long distances for the honour,just like they have with the SWC......

I think most people know it's going to be rubbish, but reading what Castagna was saying in the Spar today, I wonder if they're thinking of using the 5-team, 3-rider format over 20 heats? That used to get used for the Ice Racing Team competition and I think early rounds of the WTC in the past, and is a sort of hybrid format between an individual and pairs competition.

Still rubbish though, as I think two riders get 6 programmed races, and one rider gets 4.

MOST of that is what would probably now be called "fake news." Some Argentinian geezer alongside Greg ... where did that come from?

IT was a hypothetical suggestion but Czechs and Slovaks are a little more realistic than an Argentinian with an American.

So you are peddling 'fake news' yourself??? :rofl:

Whatever.It might be more realistic,but once you start who knows where it will end,just to get a competitive team or to get a certain rider in?Who would we stick Pavlic in with if he was still going strong?Zagar I guess,from another country.Who would we stick some Ukranian in with?Or if there was a decent New Zealander?Or an Argentinian who hit the international scene?A US rider makes more sense than anyone else........ ;)

I think most people know it's going to be rubbish, but reading what Castagna was saying in the Spar today, I wonder if they're thinking of using the 5-team, 3-rider format over 20 heats? That used to get used for the Ice Racing Team competition and I think early rounds of the WTC in the past, and is a sort of hybrid format between an individual and pairs competition.

Still rubbish though, as I think two riders get 6 programmed races, and one rider gets 4.

You have the advantage over me,not having seen what he has said,but it must be a 3 rider team because of the chance of injury and then only having 1 rider left,which further shws the divide between top and also ran countries.Poland and Denmark,Sweden,Russia will have some strength in depth whereas those teams that struggled to put a SWC squad together will also struggle to put 3 decent riders in this competition

IT was a hypothetical suggestion but Czechs and Slovaks are a little more realistic than an Argentinian with an American.

Why? The Czech Republic and Slovakia are two completely different countries in exactly the same way as Argentina and the USA.

• Like 3

You have the advantage over me,not having seen what he has said,but it must be a 3 rider team because of the chance of injury and then only having 1 rider left,which further shws the divide between top and also ran countries.

Yes, but in that weird 5TT format, I think the third rider could also take a couple of rides as a reserve.

Could it work whereby teams are still made up of 4 (plus 1 reserve) but adhere to the pairs format, ie; two from the same nation in a race?

Would that defeat the whole object?

Yes, but in that weird 5TT format, I think the third rider could also take a couple of rides as a reserve.

Why? The Czech Republic and Slovakia are two completely different countries in exactly the same way as Argentina and the USA.

NOT quite ... they were once the same

NOT quite ... they were once the same

So,we could see a team made up of German and riders from the west of Poland,as they were once the same country?A mixed Russia and Ukraine team?

Like I have said,we can see where this is heading.The FIM have a track record of this anyway having fielded a Team Europe once or twice and I think a Team Adria,maybe.So my suggestion of a Team America is in no way different :P:nono:

This is exactly what I mean.Start buggering around with something and you end up with more problems than you started off with.Typical speedway.And all because they seem to want to try and steal Onesports thunder with their national and made up teams.......having made them a bit of a laughing stock,BSI seem intent on following suit!!!!

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

So they've got rid of the World Cup and it's going to be replaced by a pairs competition, where the pairs are not even from the same country? What a dreadful, awful idea.

All the best

Rob

So,we could see a team made up of German and riders from the west of Poland,as they were once the same country?A mixed Russia and Ukraine team?

Like I have said,we can see where this is heading.The FIM have a track record of this anyway having fielded a Team Europe once or twice and I think a Team Adria,maybe.So my suggestion of a Team America is in no way different :P:nono:

This is exactly what I mean.Start buggering around with something and you end up with more problems than you started off with.Typical speedway.And all because they seem to want to try and steal Onesports thunder with their national and made up teams.......having made them a bit of a laughing stock,BSI seem intent on following suit!!!!

THIS has nothing to do with BSI. It was just a remark I made. Calm down.

So they've got rid of the World Cup and it's going to be replaced by a pairs competition, where the pairs are not even from the same country? What a dreadful, awful idea.

All the best

Rob

NO it isn't.