British Speedway Forum

NOT quite ... they were once the same

So all the former Soviet Republics and the Yugoslav Republics could get together then?

• Like 2

So,we could see a team made up of German and riders from the west of Poland,as they were once the same country?A mixed Russia and Ukraine team?

The same could be said for Sweden/Denmark (Kalmarunionen)

• Like 2

THIS has nothing to do with BSI. It was just a remark I made. Calm down.

Yes,Phil.A remark you made.If it is just rubbish,then ok tell us and end of.But if it is something in the pipeline then the discussion that followed is valid.I think over the past couple of years you have hinted at something along these lines though.Correct me if I am wrong,but sure you have mentioned it is a shame that riders like Zagar and Vaculik aren't involved in the SWC.Milik wasn't really on the radar at the time

Discussion forums are for discussing things.You put something on here and it is being discussed ;):rofl:

The same could be said for Sweden/Denmark (Kalmarunionen)

Exactly.Following Phils logic there are all sorts of combinations.France and Germany were once united.In fact France got their name from the Franken which is part of Bavaria.Wasn't the Netherlands under Spanish rule?Ok there are no Spaniards who could bolster the Dutch team,so forget that one :P

• Like 2

Can only echo what other posters have said - the WC has developed into one of the best things in speedway in recent years with a near perfect formula, the joker being the only negative.

The current formula is easy to understand for new or casual fans with the same riders from each country wearing the same helmet colour in every race etc.

A pairs competition will be more confusing, but this is speedway, so let's fix the one thing that isn't broken and hasten speedway's decline even quicker.

Polish domination wouldn't be as much of any issue if the competition was held every two years as people have suggested.

I despair.

• Like 2

Yes,Phil.A remark you made.If it is just rubbish,then ok tell us and end of.But if it is something in the pipeline then the discussion that followed is valid.I think over the past couple of years you have hinted at something along these lines though.Correct me if I am wrong,but sure you have mentioned it is a shame that riders like Zagar and Vaculik aren't involved in the SWC.Milik wasn't really on the radar at the time

Discussion forums are for discussing things.You put something on here and it is being discussed ;):rofl:

Exactly.Following Phils logic there are all sorts of combinations.France and Germany were once united.In fact France got their name from the Franken which is part of Bavaria.Wasn't the Netherlands under Spanish rule?Ok there are no Spaniards who could bolster the Dutch team,so forget that one :P

IT'S rubbish... mind you, so are some of the responses. And I don't speak for the FIM. or BSI.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

NOT quite ... they were once the same

The 5TT and the Czech Republic were once the same? Now I'm really confused... :P

Exactly.Following Phils logic there are all sorts of combinations.France and Germany were once united.In fact France got their name from the Franken which is part of Bavaria.

Yes, Germany, France and Italy could combine as Carolingia.

Yes, Germany, France and Italy could combine as Carolingia.

The UK and Ireland?

In spite of its size, the Roman Empire wouldn't be able to track much of a team. On the other hand Britain and Its colonies could be quite good: Doyle, Woffinden, Hancock......

Speedway in Britain dying off like withering figs. Viewing figures and attendance's diminishing for the GPs. Now the SWC has been demolished!

I feel like somebody is stealing the shirt off my back too. Sob. Poor speedway.

THIS has nothing to do with BSI. It was just a remark I made. Calm down.

NO it isn't.

Oh yes it is!! ... I love panto season!!

• Like 1

A little more info about Smederna's interest in arranging SWC. http://www.aktuellspeedway.se/fim/world-cup/eskilstuna-kan-fa-vm-final/

Basically Smederna have sent in a notification of interest and are awaiting a more substantial reply. Once they know more Smederna will then
evaluate FIM/BSI's answer and then decide if they still are interested or not depending on economical factors and etc.