British Speedway Forum

HOW many more times, it was just an off the cuff remark. Get a life ...

Got to admit though Phil,it is a bit of a strange 'off the cuff remark'.I mean if you are going to list a few possible pairs,you could have said Smoli and Kai Huckenbuckle or Timo Lahti and the other Lahti bloke,but you chose to list a pair from two different countries.Now either you were on the bevvy at the time or there is a motive behind that post.......

Time will indeed tell us what folks think of this competition.I don't give it more than 5 years before BSI want to off load the whole thing.

Armando seems out of his depth.The decision to take the world U21 to Argentina,the decision to go for a world league and now this all show he doesn't have much grasp of world speedway reality.He will be remembered for these ..........

• Like 3

ARMANDO is perfectly suited to his role. Passionate about speedway, has a strong voice within the FIM. Just because a few posters on here don't like the new proposal doesn't necessarily reflect the wider view across the continent.

As I said before, we will have a better idea next July after the initial staging of the event?

By which time -when it is too late - they will see how perceptively correct us naysayers were all along.

They will bin the whole idea.

Then attempt to bring back the SWC.

And spin the whole cock-up off as some sort of triumph.

We have all been here so often before.

6 rider races, two-day world finals, major championships being held among cow pats in the wilderness.

Time after time these so called passionate numpties get the chance to beggar about with this Sport.

And then Sod off leaving the mess they have created behind.

It really does make one sick.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 5

By which time -when it is too late - they will see how perceptively correct us naysayers were all along.

They will bin the whole idea.

Then attempt to bring back the SWC.

And spin the whole cock-up off as some sort of triumph.

We have all been here so often before.

6 rider races, two-day world finals, major championships being held among cow pats in the wilderness.

Time after time these so called passionate numpties get the chance to beggar about with this Sport.

And then Sod off leaving the mess they have created behind.

It really does make one sick.

YOU may be right ... you may be wrong. The SWC hasn't been permanently discarded.

Got to admit though Phil,it is a bit of a strange 'off the cuff remark'.I mean if you are going to list a few possible pairs,you could have said Smoli and Kai Huckenbuckle or Timo Lahti and the other Lahti bloke,but you chose to list a pair from two different countries.Now either you were on the bevvy at the time or there is a motive behind that post.......

Time will indeed tell us what folks think of this competition.I don't give it more than 5 years before BSI want to off load the whole thing.

Armando seems out of his depth.The decision to take the world U21 to Argentina,the decision to go for a world league and now this all show he doesn't have much grasp of world speedway reality.He will be remembered for these ..........

ME on the bevy... god forbid! However, Millik's and Vaculik's parents were all born in the same country.

How many sportsmen and women represent the country of their parents rather than their birth?

Anyway, it has given some of you keyboard warriors something to do in these dark winter days ... not that I am in the UK thankfully.

Just because a few posters on here don't like the new proposal doesn't necessarily reflect the wider view across the continent.

I think it's more than a few posters on here - just about all of the active ones think it's a bad idea, and some of them are from 'across the Continent'.

But yes, there's nothing to say this forum is representative of wider public opinion, so on what basis do you claim this idea is supported elsewhere in the Continent?

Or does it actually just come down to the fact that it's too expensive for anyone to host, and BSI needs to maintain its profitability?

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 2

ME on the bevy... god forbid! However, Millik's and Vaculik's parents were all born in the same country.

How many sportsmen and women represent the country of their parents rather than their birth?

Anyway, it has given some of you keyboard warriors something to do in these dark winter days ... not that I am in the UK thankfully.

Phil it may have escaped your notice,but the country where Milik and Vaculiks parents were born doesn't exist any more.Gone.Just like the country where presumably Pavlic and Zagars parents were born doesn't exist.This really is the silly season!!!!

• Like 2

Still trying to defend your utter nonsense then, Philip? Either get a bigger spade to keep digging or, alternatively, get a life.
  • Like 3

Still trying to defend your utter nonsense then, Philip? Either get a bigger spade to keep digging or, alternatively, get a life.

BEEN defending my utter nonsense for decades.

I think it's more than a few posters on here - just about all of the active ones think it's a bad idea, and some of them are from 'across the Continent'.

But yes, there's nothing to say this forum is representative of wider public opinion, so on what basis do you claim this idea is supported elsewhere in the Continent?

Or does it actually just come down to the fact that it's too expensive for anyone to host, and BSI needs to maintain its profitability?

IT is the FIM who are getting paid...

If Millik had arrived on this planet four months earlier he and Vaculik would have been born in the same country. I will keep stirring the pot as you lot seem to be enjoying yourselves so much.

BUT you forgot to capitalise the first word!

Standards are slipping - oh, I thought it was an automatic thing with you!

PS It's Milik!

Standards ARE slipping!

And by the way - absolutely no one seriously seems to be enjoying the subject of these discussions

BUT you forgot to capitalise the first word!

Standards are slipping - oh, I thought it was an automatic thing with you!

PS It's Milik!

Standards ARE slipping!

And by the way - absolutely no one seriously seems to be enjoying the subject of these discussions

AT my age everything is slipping ...

• Like 1

The problem with a pairs format is that not every position gets contested...

If you are in 2nd and 3rd you win so no need to race for victory..

Simply let the guy in front ride off and block the one behind..

In the SWC every single point has to be contested hence you get great racing in virtually every race even for third...

The best racing of the year by miles..

• Like 2

AT my age everything is slipping ...

Im the same Phil.....

Hey while im here Philip, tell me, next year in the Star can we have a 'G' next to a Guest in the scores section. I like to do my own stuff weekly but this has always been a problem cos I dont know who is a guest and who isn't most of the time.

And tell me, how are the averages done, are they calculated and updated every day on spreadsheets etc? Just curious. Who compiles the Stats for the mag and the end of season Review stats.

I've often included riders in my stats only to find out at the end of season they were a Guest & therefore didn't count toward averages.

Edited by Mr X

Im the same Phil.....

Hey while im here Philip, tell me, next year in the Star can we have a 'G' next to a Guest in the scores section. I like to do my own stuff weekly but this has always been a problem cos I dont know who is a guest and who isn't most of the time.

And tell me, how are the averages done, are they calculated and updated every day on spreadsheets etc? Just curious. Who compiles the Stats for the mag and the end of season Review stats.

In the past few years the 'G' on the Computer being used would have worn out...

In fact it might have been easier and quicker to instead put a 'C' next to any rider 'Contracted' to the teams....😉

Edited by mikebv

It's the old speedway classic.He is doing it for our entertainment :rofl::P

Im the same Phil.....

I've often included riders in my stats only to find out at the end of season they were a Guest & therefore didn't count toward averages.

WILL look into it with the guys at SS

Thanks.....any ideas on the otther questions? :t: