British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

FROM what I am hearing BSI are as frustrated as the rest of us because not everything is cut and dried with the FIM but all their ducks are in a row and they will go public asap.

My educated guess is for the second week in June.

Second week in June for the announcement,is leaving it very late!!!:o:P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

FROM what I am hearing BSI are as frustrated as the rest of us because not everything is cut and dried with the FIM but all their ducks are in a row and they will go public asap.

My educated guess is for the second week in June.

Perhaps it would have been better to roll the SWC for 2018 and then during the competition announce the changes for an alternating SWC / SoN during the competition? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

How hard can be it to organise a pairs event? 

19 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

How hard can be it to organise a pairs event? 

Venues and overhead likely. One thing we have no idea on is hiw viable these events are for promoter, BSI and FIM. Bums on seats and all that! 

Can't be a coincidence that this announcement is being delayed and there is no news coming out of Belle Vue at the moment.

21 hours ago, SteveEvans said:

Perhaps it would have been better to roll the SWC for 2018 and then during the competition announce the changes for an alternating SWC / SoN during the competition? 

Steve, that kind of sensible thinking will never catch on in the speedway world

On 9 January 2018 at 5:02 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

FROM what I am hearing BSI are as frustrated as the rest of us . . .

Good!  They've pi@@ed me off for years

• Haha 1

Wroclaw were hoping to get a GP but they stuck with Gorzow and wouldn't be Suprised to see the new competition finals held here as a sort of compensation. 

Good race track, new stadium, big pit area and flights in and out of the city every day so perfect for multi nation competition really 

1 hour ago, INCOGNITO said:

Wroclaw were hoping to get a GP but they stuck with Gorzow and wouldn't be Suprised to see the new competition finals held here as a sort of compensation. 

Good race track, new stadium, big pit area and flights in and out of the city every day so perfect for multi nation competition really 

The one thing it isn’t is a good race track- gaters paradise. I think i read somewhere that they might be trying to sort it before next season.

It's very wide but not enough banking on the turns which is what they are supposed to be doing before the season starts. There is passing but usually by home riders and even they can struggle a times to pass a fast rider. 

ENQUIRED again last week and was told there would be a press conference shortly. That's as much as I know although it does seem that the final will be in Wroclaw.