British Speedway Forum

Tai's home track in Poland, wonder if he'll change his mind for the sponsors and club

That World Games pairs at Wroclaw last year was Dreadful, absolutely astonishing they would want a repeat of that.

And if they are changing the format to get a different winner, why on earth are they hosting it in Poland.

Madness 

• Like 2

I did read a post elsewhere that says there will be 2 semi finals with the top 3 progressing from each while Poland are seeded into the final. Will they manage to get enough nations involved if that's true? 

Edited by Woz01

7 hours ago, Woz01 said:

I did read a post elsewhere that says there will be 2 semi finals with the top 3 progressing from each while Poland are seeded into the final. Will they manage to get enough nations involved if that's true? 

That can't possibly be true.

We have been told on several occasions here that this new competition is different to anything we have seen before.

Innovation and total excitement are promised by people who know more than they have been willing to divulge.

What you suggest is a tepid reheating of decades-old leftovers.

Two semis and a final.

And Poland seeded to the final.

Surely not?

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

On ‎30‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 11:06 AM, Woz01 said:

Then it is exactly what we already have with the annual European Pairs Championship, which is run by F.I.M. Europe (formerly the U.E.M) since 2004. The F.I.M. may just add the two overseas nations Australia and USA to the competition.

European Pairs Champions

2004 - CZECH REPUBLIC

2005 - POLAND

2006 - POLAND

2007 - CZECH REPUBLIC

2008 - POLAND

2009 - CZECH REPUBLIC

2010 - CZECH REPUBLIC

2011 - POLAND

2012 - UKRAINE

2013 - GERMANY

2014 - CZECH REPUBLIC

2015 - POLAND

2016 - ITALY

2017 - POLAND

In 2017, the two semi-finals of the European Pairs Ch'ship were held at Liberec (CZ) and Zarnovica (Slovakia), and the final was at Lonigo in Italy.

The following fifteen nations participated last year:

Team GB won the first semi-final, France and Denmark were the other two qualifiers from this round, while the Czech Republic, Germany, Romania, and Austria were eliminated.

Poland won the second semi-final, ahead of Russia and Latvia, who also qualified for the final. The Ukraine, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Bulgaria were eliminated.

Hosts Italy were seeded to the 2017 European Pairs Final at Lonigo, which was won by Poland, from Russia (2nd), France (3rd), Denmark (4th), Italy (5th), Great Britain (6th), and Latvia (7th).  

Dates and venues for the 2018 European Pairs Championship are already known:

June 30 - Semi-final 1 at Debrecen (Hungary)

July 21 - Semi-final 2 at Lonigo (Italy)

September 1 - Final at Brovst (Denmark)

http://www.fim-europe.com/track-racing/#1480078043771-3dc0c4ae-675f

Yes,but we are assured this new competition is revolutionary,so won't be anything like that................B)

• Like 1

... and to break the Polish domination of the SWC they stage the 2017 SWC final at Leszno, the proposed 2018 Pairs Speedway of Nations final at Wroclaw, and the 2019 SWC final at Gorzow (this contract is already signed).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bavarian said:

... they stage the 2017 SWC final at Leszno, the proposed 2018 Pairs Speedway of Nations final at Wroclaw, and the 2019 SWC final at Gorzow (this contract is already signed).

From what I know nobody else is eager to stage it...:sad:

3 Gps every year in poland and now 3 swc/pairs in a row. Maybe FIM staging fees are too high for anywhere other than the big polish clubs, its starting to look a little silly with everything in Poland.

• Like 1

So I take we are no nearer hearing an announcement on venues, dates etc, never mind the rules of the competition. It does seem whoever decided to move away from the SWC that was reasonably successful is making this up as they go along, why fix something that wasn't broken.

10 hours ago, eric i said:

3 Gps every year in poland and now 3 swc/pairs in a row. Maybe FIM staging fees are too high for anywhere other than the big polish clubs, its starting to look a little silly with everything in Poland.

FIM dont take staging fees but outside the GP and SWC the organiser has to pay prize money for the riders. Like in U21 qualies they are between 5-10k in total for a round and the reason why no one wants to stage them as people are not interested. I dont think the money is any good in any of the competitions from a riders POV, but raising will most probably end it. 

BSI takes staging fees and good for them if they get some. 

Big question seeing as Finland didn't even enter the Europeans,would they consider entering this new comp?Because let's face it,no matter what system they come up with Bulgaria,Rumania and now with Wallner retired (can Austria even get a half decent pair together?) they stand more chance than some of those above named teams

46 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Big question seeing as Finland didn't even enter the Europeans,would they consider entering this new comp?Because let's face it,no matter what system they come up with Bulgaria,Rumania and now with Wallner retired (can Austria even get a half decent pair together?) they stand more chance than some of those above named teams

But we are in the euro pairs this year!!! Debrecen quali here we come. Was gonna enter last year as well but the quali system changed somehow and instead of a round in Latvia it was gonna be Macon FR or similar...

and yes Finland is considering entering this one, but all and only info we have is via spirtowefakty. And our national calendar also needs to get done so it might be that we’ll not enter cos FIM cant sort this out in time. In about 10-11 weeks now...

Edited by f-s-p

Oh 'swear word' going from none,to maybe two competitions!!! You getting funded by the EU or where is the money coming from?:D

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Oh 'swear word' going from none,to maybe two competitions!!! You getting funded by the EU or where is the money coming from?:D

I actually dont know about the money. FMN system has changed but the money in the FMN has not increased. Riders get asked after the season what they want to do next season and been wondering myself about how the number of riders wanting to ride in these meetings (some of them quite expensive travel wise) for a couple of years now has increased. Maybe riders now are starting to have a bit more money again?

the eu money is only for the track and the papers are in at the moment. Already sent first set of corrections back.

• Thanks 1