British Speedway Forum

I'd be happy with Belle Vue - speedway is about seeing good racing and that's where's best in this country, with Peterborough right up there too

I'd be happy with Belle Vue - speedway is about seeing good racing and that's where's best in this country, with Peterborough right up there too

Good racing in Poland 99% of the time, IMO a well prepared Scunthorpe track must be right up there!

Good racing in Poland 99% of the time, IMO a well prepared Scunthorpe track must be right up there!

Would it be good though to see Poland winning every year though?

Hate to say this but it could be in Kuala Lumpur and Poland would still win!!

I think they should alternate between world cup and a best pairs event. People are going to get bored of seeing Poland winning every year, a best pairs event would be a more even competition.

Edited by eric i

Whilst there is no doubt that the racing at Scunthorpe can be very good I feel the facilities may need to be upgraded somewhat before we see a SWC event there. Belle Vue get my vote, great track great facilities.

Have the run off at the EOES, and Final at Belle Vue or vice versa, so it doesnt give a team any kind of advantage.

I think they should alternate between world cup and a best pairs event. People are going to get bored of seeing Poland winning every year, a best pairs event would be a more even competition.

IT'S been on the cards for some time ...

Have the run off at the EOES, and Final at Belle Vue or vice versa, so it doesnt give a team any kind of advantage.

Or have both at BV so us fans don't have to travel all over the country. And no disrespect to Peterborough (and Lynn) but it's not exactly Manchester where theirs plenty of other things to do in the day and places to eat/drink after the meeting. Manchester is a great city, a few days there is no hardship at all!

Never been to Gdansk then.

Poland are likely to win wherever the SWC is held until another nation has some new World Class blood. The only riders that may deny Zmarzlik, Dudek, the Pawlicki's & Janowski 10-15 SWC gold medals is other Poles, unfortunately.

The SWC remains a great event.

Its a bit of myth that the racing is always good in Poland there are quite a few tracks that are crap.

Whilst there is no doubt that the racing at Scunthorpe can be very good I feel the facilities may need to be upgraded somewhat before we see a SWC event there. Belle Vue get my vote, great track great facilities.

Yes Screm, the point I was making that Scunthorpe track I feel is as good has any in europe

Never been to Gdansk then.

Poland are likely to win wherever the SWC is held until another nation has some new World Class blood. The only riders that may deny Zmarzlik, Dudek, the Pawlicki's & Janowski 10-15 SWC gold medals is other Poles, unfortunately.

The SWC remains a great event.

Been to Gdansk many times to watch Darcy Ward, Gdansk not the best unless you are watching Ward around there who was very special!!!

The only gap in the GP calendar is early to mid June. The final could be 9th or 16th.

With the football world cup starting on the 14th you'd think the 9th would be favourite.