British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Confirmed Signings For 2018

Lakeside suffered this year because of the lack of 3 pointers who could actually score 3 points. Nothing has changed, no new riders

have suddenly appeared. There is no doubt that ANY kid with a bit of talent WILL find a team place in the National League no matter

what team average is applied. These are the riders we all love to see progress, the Ben Morleys of this World are the target for them

to aim at, so any team with a good mix of both kinds will be popular with their fans.

Loved the comment by "Sings 4speedway". Clearly not a Len Silver fan. I had many years attending at both West Ham and Hackney

The Hawks never won anything, but the entertainment was terrific, so Len was rarely criticised in those days. I went to Sittingbourne a few

times this year, especially when either the full Hammers team was there, or as was often the case, Ben Morley was guesting for them.

No signs of Len jumping about on the centre green as he did at Hackney, but in the main the racing was exciting and I was less than

happy that the Kings finished above the Hammers In the final table. How much was attributable to Len, I don't know. Chris Hunt seems to

be a decent team manager, so what is it that "Sings4speedway" is unhappy about ?

George Hunter?

I think you could see the young star come back as well.

• Like 1

The young stars wont survive in a 40 point limit though like previous years their home track record is near on unbeatable but away theyre pretty bad

Yes, I see your point Sings4Speedway, Shanes would obviously have been a major force in the league, but the 3 pointer to go with him

( probably Spooner ?) would have counteracted his scores. But in the event, both Stoneman and Clifton got serious injuries which COULD

have been anticipated as both of them had dodgy legs anyway. A more astute promoter may have taken that into consideration perhaps ?

As it happens, Kent's 3rd place in the table wasn't exactly a failure, annoying me personally as my team then finished below them.

Increase the limit to 40 and make the league more challenging, not such a gap up to the Championship. Reducing it is not answer as there are not enough youngsters to fill the lower end. Must say that I have seen some great meetings this year with all riders just getting on with it.

The average limit each year should be 42.00 (7 X 6.00) so if the team limit is "raised" to 40.00 the league will still be weaker than this year!

All 3 leagues 42.5, then leave it alone. Every one will be able to build from the last greensheets from November. Only thing may need tweaking is the conversion between the various leagues.

Edited by gazzac

All 3 leagues 42.5, then leave it alone. Every one will be able to build from the last greensheets from November. Only thing may need tweaking is the conversion between the various leagues.

Far too simple....

so simple clubs can sign riders on 2 year deals then and sign riders alot earlier so they can prepare for the up coming seasons all winter

• Like 1

Jordan Jenkins, Drew Kemp, Sam Bebee and Matt Marson confirmed at Mildenhall

Ayres confirmed at Mildenhall