British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

Richard Halls Nl Average

I hear theres a big spat going on between Richard Hall and Cradley re him picking and choosing his meetings, presumably to keep is average down for next season, I can see why younger riders do that but in Halls case this is not the situation, when Birmingham tried to sign him last season, as short term replacement for Tom Perry is average was 10.54, for whatever reason he is now on a 6.. average do you think is average should be re assessed

What's in the best interests of the sport?

What's in the best interests of the rider?

What's in the best interests of the club (if any) who wants to use him 2018?

Who will decide the "best interests"?

He has to be re-assesed as he may have only done 3 league meetings for Cradley, but he guested enough in other league matches for other teams to have gained a new average like Lawlor and others have in season previously.

He has to be re-assesed as he may have only done 3 league meetings for Cradley, but he guested enough in other league matches for other teams to have gained a new average like Lawlor and others have in season previously.

The provision to give a rider a new average after 4 matches only applies if the rider is unattached (16.2.8), Richard Hall has an established average for Cradley of 6.00.

I hear theres a big spat going on between Richard Hall and Cradley re him picking and choosing his meetings, presumably to keep is average down for next season, I can see why younger riders do that but in Halls case this is not the situation, when Birmingham tried to sign him last season, as short term replacement for Tom Perry is average was 10.54, for whatever reason he is now on a 6.. average do you think is average should be re assessed

Cradley's view of the situation.

http://www.cradleyheathens.co/news.php?extend.1749

Fair play to cradley

Agreed if clubs were more open with this sort of information we as fans would have more sympathy for them and more likely to make a stand with them.

If this goes unpunished if proven true would be a joke when hes 16 year old step son received a ban for much less..

• Like 1

If he was accepted as injured, then presumably Cradley would have been in receipt of a doctors note?

If there was a doctors note, then just like with Craig Cook, shouldn't there have been a 7-day mandatory period of inactivity (to allow for recovery / recouperation / convalescence) ?

Alternatively, maybe there was no doctors note...maybe this is a smokescreen to hide a more embarassing truth?

Its clearly obvious what Richard Hall was doing he was riding 3 meetings so he didnt obtain an average and then he guests to earn extra money where he doesnt then get an average either, yet why he didnt ride In the hammer I dont know.

What concerns me is the fact that the comments on the Cradley website are attributed to Gary Patchett, the promoter that left his last two clubs in serious financial difficulties which required some serious action from others to keep the clubs in business.

Hardly the sort of guy any sensible person would trust IMO.

• Like 1

Well done Cradley Heathens, everyone realises that Hall is not a 6 point rider in the NL, he gets is average down to 3 in the Championship so he can ride in the NL on a 6, then he makes sure he only does 3 meetings to make sure he doesn’t get a new average but guests for everyone, with no thought for the Cradley fans, I saw him at Birmingham earlier in the season when he scored a 15 point maximum, if the BSPA allows him to start the season on a 6 who ever signs him will win the League hands down, BSPA make sure cheaters don’t win

What concerns me is the fact that the comments on the Cradley website are attributed to Gary Patchett, the promoter that left his last two clubs in serious financial difficulties which required some serious action from others to keep the clubs in business.

Hardly the sort of guy any sensible person would trust IMO.

Yes, and having read the statement, I imagine any irony meters in the immediate vicinity automatically set themselves to 'self destruct' mode when it was issued.

Alternatively, maybe there was no doctors note...maybe this is a smokescreen to hide a more embarassing truth?

That's a more likely scenario.

Agreed if clubs were more open with this sort of information we as fans would have more sympathy for them and more likely to make a stand with them.

If this goes unpunished if proven true would be a joke when hes 16 year old step son received a ban for much less..

Mr 'Up Front and Honest' Midland Robin actually telling the truth for a change? That'll be a first.

Remember the Kyle Newman farce in 2010? Turns out we 'signed' him from a club which didn't own him. Patchett couldn't lie straight in bed....

• Like 1