British Speedway Forum

The fact that Cook was heavily involved says it all.

• Like 3

There are very few positive ideas that has come from Speedway these past 20 yrs, but the points scoring is one of the best. It encourages teams to put in more effort in thier away matches knowing they could be rewarded with a point, which could be massive at the end of the season when chasing them all important playoff places...

Going to places like Wolves or Lakeside, where home advantage was always more evident, to finish within 6points there is worth a point...

Actually I don't know why it was changed last year, guaranteeing 3pts for a home win, I thought it was better before.

Are you saying the riders try harder cos of the away scoring system??? Surely they get paid for scoring..so I doubt the scoring system makes not the slightest difference. What a load to tosh Edited by baldyman

Are you saying the riders try harder cos of the away scoring system??? Surely they get paid for scoring..so I doubt the scoring system makes not the slightest difference. What a load to tosh

It can make the last few races more interesting for supporters (well, most of them anyway).

As it is now, it is of no real significance to home supporters if the away team gain a point or not if they already have their three by heat 15.

Another exampke is Swindon only tended to use Jason Doyle in heat 15 if they needed him. If they had 3 points in the bag then there was no real advantage to putting him in.

I'm surprised you can't see that, actually.

• Like 4

Then all i can say to that is..shame on swindon for mugging off there fans by not using their best riders on the night.

Then all i can say to that is..shame on swindon for mugging off there fans by not using their best riders on the night.

Well he did have a broken foot.

Trust me, Swindon fans didn't feel mugged off in 2017.

• Like 3

Nope. Revert the current scoring system to its original guise, i.e. before Mr Cook etc al messed around with it and make the home team win by seven or more to collect all three points on offer. It's one of the few good ideas that the BSPA have had in years and is better than the bonus point IMO.

Perhaps so but the fact is that getting home way past ten is going to put parents off. Earlier finishes = more kids.

Mine always slept all the way home, probably didn't wake up til the morning, the transfer from car to bed was an art 😁
  • Like 1

Professional Presentation 7.15pm

Racing starts Prompt 7.30pm

Track graded 7 mins after heat 4.

Interval and track grading 15 mins after heat 10

Meeting Finish 9pm sharp.

Riders available to mingle with fans till 9.30 then Finish....

Time to go home.....

Sorry but you cannot go from heat 4 to heat 10 without a grade. The Polish Extraleague have it right.

4 heats then short grade/watering.

3 heats short grade /watering

3 heats short grade/watering

3 heats short grade / watering

Break for last 2 heats rider nominations and grade/water.

Meetings are normally done and dusted in about

1hr 45 mins.

The parade is always bang on 10 mins before start time and 1st race is always on start time.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

One rule I would like to see brought in is the compulsory use of track covers. Clubs should maybe be given two years to put these in place but for me covers are a no brainer. Promotors are always moaning about the amount of money that they lose on rained off meetings so surely after a short period of time they would pay for themselves.

What do other supporters think ?

One rule I would like to see brought in is the compulsory use of track covers. Clubs should maybe be given two years to put these in place but for me covers are a no brainer. Promotors are always moaning about the amount of money that they lose on rained off meetings so surely after a short period of time they would pay for themselves.

can’t see how - I’ve heard 20k to 25k price tag quoted how on earth is that viable for clubs that get say 1000 to 1500 fans per meeting ? Far cheaper to call the meeting off - it’s a no brainier if the crowds was 4 to 5 thousand but on current levels will never happen .
  • Like 1

can’t see how - I’ve heard 20k to 25k price tag quoted how on earth is that viable for clubs that get say 1000 to 1500 fans per meeting ? Far cheaper to call the meeting off - it’s a no brainier if the crowds was 4 to 5 thousand but on current levels will never happen .

didnt realise they cost that amount. Berwick have one surely they didn’t pay that sort of money.

Out of interest how much does an air fence cost.

Well I hope you volunteer to put them down and take them up each meeting.

• Like 1

didnt realise they cost that amount. Berwick have one surely they didn’t pay that sort of money.Out of interest how much does an air fence cost.

plastic sheeting is obviously much much cheaper but I’m talking covers like Vojens have used in the past

Well I hope you volunteer to put them down and take them up each meeting.

any hint of rain I stay away

Sorry but you cannot go from heat 4 to heat 10 without a grade. The Polish Extraleague have it right.

4 heats then short grade/watering.

3 heats short grade /watering

3 heats short grade/watering

3 heats short grade / watering

Break for last 2 heats rider nominations and grade/water.

Meetings are normally done and dusted in about

1hr 45 mins.

The parade is always bang on 10 mins before start time and 1st race is always on start time.

Spot on, the Poles run it properly. Nothing worse than a long drawn out meeting.

Spot on, the Poles run it properly. Nothing worse than a long drawn out meeting.

Especially in March and Sept usually when it is cold, damp and dark.

The fact that Cook was heavily involved says it all.

Cook has always been the one to promote dubious changes in everything. Back to 18 heats, 3team competitions, British Cup to fill in GP weekend fixtures, got 35 points limit agreed then came back for 36 for Elite teams so they 'could' include GP riders, etc.

Are you saying the riders try harder cos of the away scoring system??? Surely they get paid for scoring..so I doubt the scoring system makes not the slightest difference. What a load to tosh

Riders will and do try harder when they know a win will give the team a win, draw or extra bonus point. If YOU don't believe that, you must think they just go out and do what they want and don't ride for the team or the fans. They do.

didnt realise they cost that amount. Berwick have one surely they didn’t pay that sort of money.

Out of interest how much does an air fence cost.

Depends of the length of the track of course, but about £25k for a smallish track for a blowup air fence, and about £30k for a foam filled one.