British Speedway Forum

I have always believe every season ticket holder should receive free admission at all away tracks...

Which is probably why you have never run a business in your life I'm guessing?

You DONT incentivise those already attending/likely to attend. It's why BT offer discounts to new customers but rarely to existing customers (not unless you say you'll leave), why pay to keep current fans? It makes no sense. You incentivise new fans with monetary offers and keep current fans by giving them the product they want. In that respect, season tickets in speedway are a bit of a folly.

Why do football clubs have season tickets? Well they sell the people to sponsors. So it suits them to let 10,000 in for half price because the sponsor will pay 5,6,10 times more. Speedway seems scared to run off sponsorship and is obsessed with making things pay with fans through the gate. But they obsess too much about the fan paying cash to get in and NOT what the fan is worth to sponsors.

The last two days of posts on here truly deserve to be re-posted in the "Jokes" thread! They really have given me a good laugh and there are one or two more days to go ( before we get that correction on Tuesday ) LOVL!

And that mikebv should be banned from the Forum for consistently coming up with excellent ideas that might help revive UK speedway ( but we'll let him off because we know that no-one in the BSPA bothers to read what we long serving - sorry - long suffering fans think )

Which is probably why you have never run a business in your life I'm guessing? Wrong!! I ran 2 businesses, 1 for 18 yrs and another for 12 yrs. and the reason we worked so well was we placed customer satisfaction as our No 1 priority....

You DONT incentivise those already attending/likely to attend. It's why BT offer discounts to new customers but rarely to existing customers (not unless you say you'll leave), why pay to keep current fans? It makes no sense. You incentivise new fans with monetary offers and keep current fans by giving them the product they want. In that respect, season tickets in speedway are a bit of a folly. But you don't penalise them either. More customer swap firms because of being unfairly treated than any other reason. Customers are the bread and butter of every business and should be treated as such..... An example:

Many years ago, I felt unhappy with my mortgage payments. On complaining that my interest was way over charged , they replied that because I hadn't complained they believed I was happy to pay the current rate. They then offered a reduced the rate which would have saved a massive £78 per month. When I asked for it to be back dated to the time when the mortgages had gone down they laughed at me. Knowing I had been taken for a mug. I then transferred our mortgage to a more reliable company. 14 yrs I had been with that company and because they treated me with contempt. they lost a loyal customer.... That's not my idea of running a business.

Why do football clubs have season tickets? Well they sell the people to sponsors. So it suits them to let 10,000 in for half price because the sponsor will pay 5,6,10 times more. Speedway seems scared to run off sponsorship and is obsessed with making things pay with fans through the gate. But they obsess too much about the fan paying cash to get in and NOT what the fan is worth to sponsors.

That is precisely the reasons why speedway supporters are leaving. Everybody wants to be treated the same......

• Like 1

No news from the AGM probably means widespread disagreement.

If everything had been sorted, surely something would have been said.

Rumour is that Glasgow and Ipswich are moving up and tracks will mainly have ho.e race nights but some can switch to the other if required

MONDAY'S

Belle Vue

Wolverhampton

Poole

Leicester

Glasgow

THURSDAY'S

Kings Lynn

Ipswich

Somerset

Swindon

Rye House

41 point limit still seems most likely but will BT still be filming on Mondays ?

Edited by T.N.T.

the bspa will issue a statement as soon as the AGM is complete normally late this afternoon or early evening

Random posts without substance probably means you have no clue.

If you did then surely you would post something worthwhile.

• Like 1

i) No news from the AGM probably means widespread disagreement.

ii) If everything had been sorted, surely something would have been said.

i) Not so ! !

ii) Its 3-day mtg,- nobody expects everything sorted in half the time.

• Like 2

Latest bulletin from Tenerife is that its a lot cooler than expected (17 degrees) and somewhat cloudy with the sun breaking through only occasionally!!!

i) Not so ! !

ii) Its 3-day mtg,- nobody expects everything sorted in half the time.

But doesn't the BSPA AGM also include matters Champ as well as Prem ??

I cant see why snippets of news cant be released such as.

Breaking news - Prem team limit for 2018 will be xxx or Fixed race nights agreed details to be confirmed - or XXX and YYY will be joining Prem League to make it a xx team league in 2018.

I cant believe letting a little bit of news out after 2 days of meetings would do any harm. Would have thought most/if not all Prem matters took priority before they move on to Champ issues as they are probably a lot less to discuss then the Prem.

Maybe there is some fall out big time internally which is why nothing to report.

Anyway lets hope some news breaks soon as we have the rumour mill in full flow such as T.N.T who either has a hot line to the top or is maybe guessing ??

Its not like we want the whole meeting comment, just something to mull over while they complete proceedings.

How many Companies or Associations release news about AGM decisions mid way through the meeting?? Apart from the Chancellor whose minions release snippets before the Budget is announced?!

Patience people - its only November!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 4

But doesn't the BSPA AGM also include matters Champ as well as Prem ??

I cant see why snippets of news cant be released such as.

Breaking news - Prem team limit for 2018 will be xxx or Fixed race nights agreed details to be confirmed - or XXX and YYY will be joining Prem League to make it a xx team league in 2018.

I cant believe letting a little bit of news out after 2 days of meetings would do any harm. Would have thought most/if not all Prem matters took priority before they move on to Champ issues as they are probably a lot less to discuss then the Prem.

Maybe there is some fall out big time internally which is why nothing to report.

Anyway lets hope some news breaks soon as we have the rumour mill in full flow such as T.N.T who either has a hot line to the top or is maybe guessing ??

Its not like we want the whole meeting comment, just something to mull over while they complete proceedings.

all in one go is the best way
  • Like 1

They always release stuff at the end, you will just have to be patient!! But tbh I am not sure I would be desperate to know what they have decided if I were you! :D

• Like 1

Why would it?

A statement usually comes out on the Monday or Tuesday. That's how it's been for years.

• Like 1

Probably a lot of hot air and platitudes and rush to the bottom will continue unabated