British Speedway Forum

How many Companies or Associations release news about AGM decisions mid way through the meeting?? Apart from the Chancellor whose minions release snippets before the Budget is announced?!

Patience people - its only November!!

I can't believe some are expecting news during a meeting! !

Crazy!!

• Like 1

They always release stuff at the end, you will just have to be patient!! But tbh I am not sure I would be desperate to know what they have decided if I were you! :D

They always release stuff at the end, you will just have to be patient!! But tbh I am not sure I would be desperate to know what they have decided if I were you! :D

Yes maybe I read the BSPA comment to literally on Friday when they said they would release news as they got it.

Your last comment doesn't bode well then.

Anyway all will be revealed (hopefully) in the coming day or so. Lets hope at least part of it is an indication of a way forward for the sport ;)

Why would it?

A statement usually comes out on the Monday or Tuesday. That's how it's been for years.

not quite correct always late afternoon early evening as I said before today unless of course the AGM runs over Edited by ray c

Yes but then they issue a corrected and more accurate one to meet the Speedway Star deadline!!!!

• Like 1

Yes maybe I read the BSPA comment to literally on Friday when they said they would release news as they got it.

Your last comment doesn't bode well then.

Anyway all will be revealed (hopefully) in the coming day or so. Lets hope at least part of it is an indication of a way forward for the sport ;)

My last comment means don't get your hopes up, you'll only be disappointed!

Yes but then they issue a corrected and more accurate one to meet the Speedway Star deadline!!!!

Which is when they realise the mistakes and get rid of some of the ambiguity of certain decisions, not all, just some.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that there's a lot of problems with getting fixed race nights. Too often the promoters take their own interest first & do not see the long term benefits. We'll probably get yet another mish-mash of changes which will not help the sport at all. I wait in dread!

• Like 1

I'm guessing that there's a lot of problems with getting fixed race nights. Too often the promoters take their own interest first & do not see the long term benefits. We'll probably get yet another mish-mash of changes which will not help the sport at all. I wait in dread!

It might be that too many clubs want the same night which will restrict the number of available meetings per year, if many want the same night it will mean some clubs will only have one meeting at home every two weeks, rain offs would cause issues.

WE fully understand why everyone is so keen for news from the AGM. However, every item on the agenda has to be considered and debated thoroughly and until final agreements are in place it would not be prudent to issue updates. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

J9NJJVbF_normal.jpgSpeedwayGB @SpeedwayGB

WE fully understand why everyone is so keen for news from the AGM. However, every item on the agenda has to be considered and debated thoroughly and until final agreements are in place it would not be prudent to issue updates. Thank you for your patience.

And right too. Clearly there has been a lot to discuss and debate and get right as best they can. Waiting 24 hours is no big deal.

• Like 2

not quite correct always late afternoon early evening as I said before today unless of course the AGM runs over

Yes true. Main points usually released on the evening. Fuller one released later.

It's only speedway people... Not exactly important. Some of you are like kids in a sweet shop for the first time.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Come on folks,what is a few hours wait when it is another 5 year plan to save the sport? And when you think about it,it is only another years wait until the next 5 year plan...... :P No laughing matter really,i know,but....

• Like 2

All this anticipation.

Only for it to end up the same as it is every year...... :rolleyes:

I can't believe some are expecting news during a meeting! !

Crazy!!

Bit daft!

• Like 1