British Speedway Forum

BV were losing Bjerre anyway - more definite now that Wednesday is one of the fixed nights, but tough on Wolves and Swindon in particular.

I wonder where Thorsell and either Doyle or Morris will race - or will it be 'if'??

Jason Doyle tweeted last night (and later deleted it) that it looks like he's ridden himself out of a job. It makes sense now.

Swindon need to keep him, but we have stuck with Nick Morris all this time and seen him progress, only to have to now lose either him or the World Champion.

Sometimes I hate this sports and how it is run.

• Like 1

Only 1 rider over an 8 average!!!! What is the point! You should be able to build the team to the limit as you wish!

The idiots at the top of the sport literally have no clue. As soon as they do something half decent ie race nights (although Denmark races on a Wednesday too), they come out with rubbish like this.

I'll stick to watching some top talent on TV on a Tuesday night in Sweden I think (assuming it's on Premier Sports again), if I wanted to watch Championship standard racing then I might as well go elsewhere than Wolves, would be cheaper !

• Like 1

The one rider over 8 rule makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why not let teams build to the points limit as they wish?

Once again team continuity is dismissed, yet any new top-liners are also forced out. Just adds additional constraints for the sake of it.

• Like 4

The one rider over 8 rule makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why not let teams build to the points limit as they wish?

Once again team continuity is dismissed, yet any new top-liners are also forced out. Just adds additional constraints for the sake of it.

Exactly, the points limit isn't exactly high with a lot of flexibility to maneuver, teams should be able to use it how they wish.

So go to set race nights but then kill any hope of seeing anyone half decent ride here, top marks again to the clowns that run Speedway in this country :sad:

• Like 3

It's 90% ok. 2 riders over 8 would be better or even unlimited.

i think it's a way of limiting the reliance of top riders who have polish contracts. If you only have 1 of these 8+ riders it should allow more to be available should there be an enforced withdrawal.

Thursdays would have been better than Wednesdays but so be it. If it's a problem in the future then maybe Denmark will have to move days instead. It's a shame Swindon need to reserve days. That's a bugbear. Maybe once the new stadium is sorted this can be rectified and the reserved days is just a short term

Doyle hasnt ridden himself out of a job. In fact he was hinting on considering his uk options. It's up to Swindon if they use him, or other teams if they can afford him but his demands have a limit now with this rule.

I'm happy with the 42.5 limit. I'm happy with the dropping of the joker. I'm 75% with the set race nights and I'm 50% on the 1 over 8 rule.

So all in all pretty satisfactory. No doubt people will pick holes in stuff or asoon as there is a meeting where a couple of riders are missing hail the rules as doomed but there are many steps in the right direction!

• Like 1

Worst Speedway season coming up next season.

One rider over 8.00 per team. AWFUL! How weak do you want the league to be FFS.

But at least the admission price is now going to fall below a tenner - isn't it? And a fiver for concessions.

• Like 4

So they raise the limit, go to fixed race nights, all going well to encourage GP class riders then you pull the masterstroke of limiting teams to one rider 8 and over!!

• Like 2

Perhaps the promotions at Swindon Wolves and BV feel its better not to have a top heavy team!

So they raise the limit, go to fixed race nights, all going well to encourage GP class riders then you pull the masterstroke of limiting teams to one rider 8 and over!!

Two steps forward and three back, just like most years.

• Like 2

But at least the admission price is now going to fall below a tenner - isn't it? And a fiver for concessions.

if there is no tv cash or a major league sponsor I expect admission prices are going to have to go up to cover the short fall