British Speedway Forum

The only reason I can think of for the only one 8 point rider is a hope to cut costs. It won't because some riders below 8 will realise that their negotiating value has increased. Surely, each club should be able to build their team however they want providing it fits within the points limit. If they believe they can afford two top riders then that is for them to decide.

Just seems an unnecessary restriction which deprives fans of the opportunity to see more top riders. Bjerre has already tweeted that it is a joke.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 3

if there is no tv cash or a major league sponsor I expect admission prices are going to have to go up to cover the short fall

Which would be bad business sense when the product is getting worse.

Another question is, will BT want to show a league that consistently and purposefully, dumbs down its product each year?

• Like 2

I thought one of the reasons for going with fixed race nights was to get the bigger stars to ride. Then they go and set a limit on how many over 8 riders a team can have....

Isn't that counterproductive?

Sigh!!

• Like 2

Only 1 rider over an 8 average!!!! What is the point! You should be able to build the team to the limit as you wish!

Exactly what is the point,you won't attract many big names back with that formula,at least the Champoinship promoters held firm regarding staying put ,which ia good thing IMO .

I thought one of the reasons for going with fixed race nights was to get the bigger stars to ride. Then they go and set a limit on how many over 8 riders a team can have....

Isn't that counterproductive?

Sigh!!

Unless a new rider will come in under 8.....

Has there been any mention of speeding things up, and getting through meetings in around 90-minutes, which is what fans have been SHOUTING for, or is that being ignored once again?

Please King's Lynn, don't stage a home meeting on Wednesday 25th July, as that's the date of the Sandringham Flower Show, which makes travelling from this part of Norfolk nigh impossible.

• Like 2

Maybe they know some riders 8 plus want to opt out of uk and others although stating they want to ride in the uk are having polish problems.

If people had be told hyperthetically that

Bjerre

Lindgren

Niels

Thorsell 50/50

Plus a others fell into these categories then it does make sense. Especially with no to deal as of yet

It's ok for Swindon wolves and bv but if a few riders have opted/force out who were considering then it does make sense

We haven't got the perfect fixed night scenario with the Swindon situation so Poland are in their right to kick up with the 3 league rule. I do hate their Feds for it.

It's actually sensible maybe a few bottom ends will be a bit more premier now

Edited by Danny Connor

Has there been any mention of speeding things up, and getting through meetings in around 90-minutes, which is what fans have been SHOUTING for, or is that being ignored once again?

Please King's Lynn, don't stage a home meeting on Wednesday 25th July, as that's the date of the Sandringham Flower Show, which makes travelling from this part of Norfolk nigh impossible.

Have not seen any stopping of opening up the pits gate after a red flag for a restart, so nothing so far about speeding up meetings. I thought when they posted about having listened to fans that this might have been resolved.

I hope there may be something in the full rule release about the starting issues.

• Like 1

Proves they should have just had 1 big league ,with that formula of 1 rider over 8point limit.

Spot on, although this is what they intend to do but over a longer period. The 8 point rule is designed to restrict foreign riders over for this year and hopefully encourage British talent to come through. This will also bring the standard of the top leagues even closer together culminating in one big league in I suspect 2020.

The tac sub rule will get some bloke in the north east to attend again :D and the starting rule could possibly be about transponders. The biggest problem that there is no mention of is the TV contract, without which the top tier will have to cut its cloth accordingly.

With teams like Sheffield and Ipswich riding Thursdays in was imperative they moved up to the top league. The fact they haven't meant Wednesday was the only option of a fixed night, but that will stop many Danish riders from competing here.

The fact the championship have more teams and less restrictions, it would probably be wise for every club to drop down to the Championship. That league has come up again with all the benefits......

And there was me thinking the BSPA were on the ball and the sport was moving forward. but in truth, normal service has returned, showing the Promoters are just thinking of No 1.

• Like 1

What! You expect the myopic speedway promotion at KLS to have any awareness at all of what goes on in the rest of the world?

As for making meetings run much more crisply - Buster is the Maestro of the 120 - 150 minute meeting! And that is without anything that is actually out of his control. It is going to be a season of same old, same old - with more support falling away.

• Like 1

With teams like Sheffield and Ipswich riding Thursdays in was imperative they moved up to the top league. The fact they haven't meant Wednesday was the only option of a fixed night, but that will stop many Danish riders from competing here.

The fact the championship have more teams and less restrictions, it would probably be wise for every club to drop down to the Championship. That league has come up again with all the benefits......

And there was me thinking the BSPA were on the ball and the sport was moving forward. but in truth, normal service has returned, showing the Promoters are just thinking of No 1.

Maybe Swindon should drop down to The Championship. Their top two - which is too strong for the top league - is allowed in the lower league. Genius.

• Like 2