British Speedway Forum

Fantastic rule for Poole, who can keep Kurtz as their one over 8 and sign whomever they choose from a host of under 8's who will be far stronger than their average, whilst ensuring that their main rivals are likely to be weakened from their ideal line-ups. So easy for them as the lackeys in the league will think they are getting something that will benefit them.

• Like 3

But what happens next season when this year's crop finish with an average over 8??? They will need to change the rules again.. What's the matter with these dumb xxxxx in charge. Just make some decent rules and stick to them

if you had a limit of 20 there would be riders over 8 at the end of the season??

the rule does generally change annually

i would think promoters would be glad to save the money.

it looks to me as though the 2 leagues are being driven closer with a view to amalgamation later

Pretty sure the rule means 1 over 8 on the lower league averages. Riders 'dropping down' would be converted.

It says no restrictions in the statement. Just build a team to the available limit.

What would Doyle be in the championship? Probably less than 12! Worth a punt based on Swindon's success this year.

With teams like Sheffield and Ipswich riding Thursdays in was imperative they moved up to the top league. The fact they haven't meant Wednesday was the only option of a fixed night, but that will stop many Danish riders from competing here.

The fact the championship have more teams and less restrictions, it would probably be wise for every club to drop down to the Championship. That league has come up again with all the benefits......

And there was me thinking the BSPA were on the ball and the sport was moving forward. but in truth, normal service has returned, showing the Promoters are just thinking of No 1.

The Championship Promoters are just being realistic in what they can afford in terms of crowds IMO.One big league would have been the way to get the sport back on track.
  • Like 2

This reminds me of Rider Control of the 70's in a different guise.

It's back to the future in more ways than one!

Who knows what the new starting rules will bring.

It says no restrictions in the statement. Just build a team to the available limit.

What would Doyle be in the championship? Probably less than 12! Worth a punt based on Swindon's success this year.

Sorry, didn't really phrase that well, I see what you mean.

I'm sure Doyle would work out at quite a bit more than 12 though.

From a seasoned supporter, whose interest has waned of late, I am having great difficulty finding anything positive to come from this years AGM. I was hoping for proactive ideas to recreate the excitement we once shared. The sport is in desperate need to bring in new fans, but I see nothing mentioned in the short notices that's been aired...

The fact that teams would rather stop in the 2nd division speak volumes of what is wrong with the product.. Personally, as a Stars supporter, I would have been far happier if Lynn had gone in that division. Although the product is the same, it would been cheaper to attain, they would have move matches to watch, and the excitement generated at the local derbies with Peterborough and Ipswich would have been enough to rekindle those fans who use to go..

One question, Why was Monday's thought to be a good fixed night for racing, when there is no TV coverage? surely 2 consecutives would have been better ?.

No, this AGM has done nothing for me

• Like 3

Yet again the BSPA show the world that they are a bunch of incompetent buffoons.

All the talk has been to have fixed race nights so that the top stars can potentially be enticed back and then they go and say only one 8 pointer in the team - you couldn't make it up. Totally reeks of self-interest - especially with Wednesday being selected as one of the fixed nights - when the Danish league runs.

And what about progress - let's all go back to the old TS rule. grrr

They couldn't have made a worse job of it if they tried. :mad:

• Like 3

Sorry, didn't really phrase that well, I see what you mean.

I'm sure Doyle would work out at quite a bit more than 12 though.

Yeah. I was thinking the conversion rate was 1.2, but that was someone's theory not the real figure.

He'd probably be about the same as last year - 13.4 ish.

GRW123 wrote " No, this AGM has done nothing for me "

​And nothing for me either. Crowds ( sorry - large groups of supporters ) will continue to walk away, bit by bit until this time next year that will have to continue in one big league. What is so much more "elite" in the Premiership for 2018?.

• Like 1

Overall sounds a decend agm. Dont like t/s in heat 14. Guess the one over8 is to stop clubs grabbing two over 8s while another club cant attract one. Sounds fair.

I agree. Prefer no t/s at all but it's not a perfect world you can't please everybody all the time. Complaints from the usual suspects but most should be reasonably satisfied.

At the latest averages there is 8 teams in the Premiership and only 7 riders exceeding 8 pts, whats the issue ?? any riders who have previously ridden in the uk or new riders could be given an assesed 7.50 which gets around the issue of keeping top riders out of the top league

The issue is this....Swindon have Doyle & Morris, both over 8. One is a World champion & The other has ridden for Swindon for 6 or so season, we now cant use both. That is wrong. Should be allowed to track the team you want within the points limit.

• Like 7

I think it's been pretty positive. What's it matter if next season that rule is changed to unlimited riders over 8, it's situational . There is a lot of needless negativity. From the same old bores in the main too!

The only negative really is Swindon needing some Thursdays gives Poland a reason to use the 3 league rule. No jokers, less clashes for rider availability, 42.5 league.

Main issues have been addressed

Don't let that stop the moaning though.