Belle Vue - COOK

Kings Lynn - IVERSEN

Leicester - VACULIK

Rye House - THORSELL

Swindon - MORRIS

Poole - KURTZ

Somerset - DOYLE

Wolves - LINDGREN

Rye House could have a top 4 of Thorsell, Harris, Nicholls and KK!!!

4 of those 8 teams will be led by GP riders and another 2 have GP level riders in Morris and Iversen

Edited by Gavan

It does seem a strange rule, as I can't see any team going with Morris or Thorssell as their #1, so it can't be about sharing around who's available.

Aren't Swindon keeping Morris? Doesn't sound like Doyle is staying there judging by his tweets!

Some really seem to have missed the most important reason for fixed race nights.. even though it solves the issue they've been complaining about the most!

• Like 5

Belle Vue - COOK

Kings Lynn - IVERSEN

Leicester - VACULIK

Rye House - THORSELL

Swindon - MORRIS

Poole - KURTZ

Somerset - DOYLE

Wolves - LINDGREN

Rye House could have a top 4 of Thorsell, Harris, Nicholls and KK!!!

4 of those 8 teams will be led by GP riders and another 2 have GP level riders in Morris and Iversen

Iversen to KL might not happen. Already has deals in Poland, Sweden and Denmark. Also Wednesday's could be a problem.

Thorssell wont get a ride in Britain imo. His average is too high and the majority of that is due to his Monmore form. Not a No.1 not even close to a No.1 tbh. Anyone who signs him will finish bottom of the table imo.

Swap Doyle and Morris around and then it looks on the money.

BV - Cook and Fricke

KL - In trouble

Leicester - Vaculik and Nilsson

Rye - Harris, Nicholls and Kasprzak

Poole - B. Kurtz and C. Holder

Somerset - N. Morris and Grajczonek

Swindon - Doyle and Batchelor

Wolves - F. Lindgren and one of Woffinden, Piotr Pawlicki or Masters

• Like 1

Yeah. I was thinking the conversion rate was 1.2, but that was someone's theory not the real figure.

He'd probably be about the same as last year - 13.4 ish.

Using 1.2 would be 11.63 so yes a champinship side could use Doyle and Morris as a top 2 whereas Swindon cant - crazy!

Did I miss the news about the TV deal - I thought that was the main topic of discussion at the AGM? It's important because that's the only way I'll get to see any Premiership next year, now they're all Mon & Weds.

Using 1.2 would be 11.63 so yes a champinship side could use Doyle and Morris as a top 2 whereas Swindon cant - crazy!

It's not 1.2. I got that wrong because someone was touting a 1.2 conversion rate elsewhere and it stuck in my head.

Find out for sure later today but Mon / Thurs seems more sensible. If UK races on Wednesday it rules out the Danes as there league is on that night. Why make riders make a choice, lets race when no one else does.

it doesn't rule out the Danes! Hans and Nicolai rode for Poole this year on a Wednesday. Poole have had Danes on and off for years on a regular Wednesday night.

The only thing that is stopping the Danes is the nonsense Polish mafia ruling.

To be honest the 1 over 8 rule shouldn't stop the League improving its quality. There are 7 riders over 8 who rode here last season and the ones over 8 that didnt wouldnt ride here next season anyway. There are a few quality riders under 8 who didn't ride here last season:

Woffinden

Pawlicki x2

Kildemand

Lindback

Zagar

Milik

Przedpelski

Jepsen Jensen

Lebedevs

Sundstrom

And others.

The problem with the rule is that it didn't need to be made anyway. Fans now think it's stopping the top coming over when the reality is Polish rules would stop most.

Well said.

Plenty of good riders potentially to come back still with those averages.

As for Niels K coming back.......ain't gonna whilst the Poles enforce the rules.

Other burning questions unanswered - British rider or riders at reserve?? Be stupid to bin that.

Averages for new or reassessed riders?

Closing date for transfer window?

On the positive side. Good news we fall in line with Europe having normal tactical subs, regular 2 day racing for our league (it's been crying out for it and whilst the doubling up situation won't change as we don't have enough riders there should be no clashes) so that's a good thing.

Monday is obviously one of the better options for regular one night racing. It's the night of choice for both SKY and BT so hopefully that will help continuity of racing on TV.

Should have left the option to build as you want within the points limit not restrict to one over 8.

Iversen to KL might not happen. Already has deals in Poland, Sweden and Denmark. Also Wednesday's could be a problem.

Thorssell wont get a ride in Britain imo. His average is too high and the majority of that is due to his Monmore form. Not a No.1 not even close to a No.1 tbh. Anyone who signs him will finish bottom of the table imo.

Swap Doyle and Morris around and then it looks on the money.

BV - Cook and Fricke

KL - In trouble

Leicester - Vaculik and Nilsson

Rye - Harris, Nicholls and Kasprzak

Poole - B. Kurtz and C. Holder

Somerset - N. Morris and Grajczonek

Swindon - Doyle and Batchelor

Wolves - F. Lindgren and one of Woffinden, Piotr Pawlicki or Masters

Both your and Gavan's posts are sensible reading.

I do feel for Swindon/BV and Wolves as the price for a successful season is that they have to shed top riders over 8 which if you support them is indeed sad.

However taking all 8 sides in the league this new rule is both a bit of a leveller but also means that promoters have to be more savvie in their team selection plus it gives ALL promoters the chance to build teams with strength in depth using the new rules.

I was initially disappointed that 3 days of meetings seemed to have yielded so little but as a Speedway supporter who supports Poole but lives in Chelmsford, Essex I am taking the positives from it also in the hope that now the meeting is over there will be news on at least a TV deal now nights are agreed even if no league sponsor is forthcoming.

As a Poole supporter I feel we have more to gain by this rule as any switched on Promoter can choose from a whole host of talent around Europe on GSA's below 8. The big question is what will some of these guys get as GSA and will riders who were riding in 2014/15 below 8, what will they get as GSA's in 2018 (we are in the dark on that one but hopefully we will find out ??)

Secondly based in Essex I see Lakeside are joining the Champ. Geat news as their track is only 30 mins drive for me and I can now get to wto see some of the future of British Speedway. Riders such as Jack P.Blackburn - Jack Smith - Dan Bewley and others as well as other young talent from places like Australia etc trying to prove themselves in the Sport.

I no have the choice of driving 3 plus hours to see Prem in Poole and also 30 mins on diff race nights to see the talent of British and other nations learning their trade with experienced raiders.

Life is not so bad after all in my case after this AGM :-)

Workington applied to run on Fridays but we’re turned down because Glasgow and Scunthorpe had applied to run on Fridays

So Swindon sign Doyle and allow Morris to move to Somerset then after a few poor scores Swindon re sign Morris on a below 8

I would have liked to have seen averages rounded up or down to the nearest .0 or .5

Fixed race night's was brought in to stop fixture clashes resulting in multiple missing riders per match, was never going to entice too riders back, your a fool if you believe fixed race night will bring them back. It's the money on offer that is putting them off.

Teams will be very solid this year. The 1-5s will look good.

We was unlucky as we diddnt get a say or a vote as out promotion is new. They have another 2 AGMs before they are allowed a say/vote.

All in all I'm happy with the outcome. Only 1 8 plus average rider is not ideal but it isn't a bad thing either

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

I only wanted to know one thing. Are BT Sports on the Prem in 2018? With their january price increase pending if no league speedway, no BT sports for me and I can leave without penalty.

The BSPA silence is deafening. Useless gits.

The madness of the 8 point rider rule is that it has been introduced BEFORE the list of assessed averages has been decided. A member of the SCB was not able to tell me what average Vaculik is on and the SCB have not yet seen the full list of 'independently assessed' averages??!!

• Like 1

Both your and Gavan's posts are sensible reading.

I do feel for Swindon/BV and Wolves as the price for a successful season is that they have to shed top riders over 8 which if you support them is indeed sad.

However taking all 8 sides in the league this new rule is both a bit of a leveller but also means that promoters have to be more savvie in their team selection plus it gives ALL promoters the chance to build teams with strength in depth using the new rules.

I was initially disappointed that 3 days of meetings seemed to have yielded so little but as a Speedway supporter who supports Poole but lives in Chelmsford, Essex I am taking the positives from it also in the hope that now the meeting is over there will be news on at least a TV deal now nights are agreed even if no league sponsor is forthcoming.

As a Poole supporter I feel we have more to gain by this rule as any switched on Promoter can choose from a whole host of talent around Europe on GSA's below 8. The big question is what will some of these guys get as GSA and will riders who were riding in 2014/15 below 8, what will they get as GSA's in 2018 (we are in the dark on that one but hopefully we will find out ??)

Secondly based in Essex I see Lakeside are joining the Champ. Geat news as their track is only 30 mins drive for me and I can now get to wto see some of the future of British Speedway. Riders such as Jack P.Blackburn - Jack Smith - Dan Bewley and others as well as other young talent from places like Australia etc trying to prove themselves in the Sport.

I no have the choice of driving 3 plus hours to see Prem in Poole and also 30 mins on diff race nights to see the talent of British and other nations learning their trade with experienced raiders.

Life is not so bad after all in my case after this AGM :-)

Belle Vue could track Cook, Zagar and Fricke and Jack Smith and take up 25.32 leaving 17.18 for 3 riders. Tungate at 6.18 leaves 11 for 2 riders.

Belle Vue look like they could be very strong to me.

Wolves to if they can have Lindgren. Tai and Masters

• Like 2