British Speedway Forum

I don't envisage that being much of an issue.

The bigger risk is he has never even ridden at heat leader for any prolonged spell.

His average is based upon riding at No 4 and is quite inflated as a result.

Next year should have been the year he transitioned to No 2 heat leader.. throwing him in at No 1 is a big ask, especially if the team he is in is struggling.

You've dumped on me, rightly, over Thorssell before, I'm not going there again :D

Indeed, some fans think he's better than he is. Maybe they are trying to talk up the value of another asset to sell to prop up the ailing business?

Clearly at least one of the wolves top two won't be back, I doubt anyone would be in the market to buy lindgren as an asset but the younger swede will be of interest to someone, but not for next season on that inflated average. Big bucks if someone is stupid enough to buy him as a number 1 though, but I'd expect him to knock as much as two points off his average next season starting at no.1, probably for wolves.

Masters on the other hand is a much more attractive proposition having ridden at no.5 and regularly finishing last in heat 13 to depress his average, he should have little problem at least maintaining his average even when he moves up to no.1 to replace a floundering thorssell.

Given wolves financial difficulties (why else would Adams moan on the radio about crap support?) I reckon wolves will keep the 2017 team minus lindgren, who probably won't be affordable, and he will be replaced with an old favourite like Howe, the rest of the 2017 team will be retained despite losing the league at home after being 8 points up with only a few heats to go (again, lol!), the talk of woofinden and pawlicki is simply pie in the sky.

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

A form of "Rider control" might have been better this year. With three 8 pointers being forced out of teams, surely they should have been allocated to the 3 teams that need such a rider.

Perhaps a degree of flexibility that wasn't around in the 70s would be needed - as in which riders left clubs and who went where - but it should have been ensured that all the riders left out were allocated to another team.

It would appear that certain clubs don't want an 8pointer allocated to them, just want to stop others from having two, thus forcing them out of UK speedway, so Swindon could be forced into breaking the bank for a rider with little uk speedway tracktime and all the air fares opposed to a UK resident, great cost cutting, let teams build to 42.5 how they see fit without having your arms tied all the time.

• Like 5

The Chairman said after the 2015 AGM; “We’ve got a five-year plan and I’m confident we can get to where we want to be within that time scale."

Please let this be a wind up? If it's true it's bye bye and ta ta time from me from the terraces. If that was an official statement it's Far Far beyond loss of credibility. It's more like Daaave in 2001. Who would be Hal in that case?

The Chairman said after the 2015 AGM; “We’ve got a five-year plan and I’m confident we can get to where we want to be within that time scale."

Great News....

It could though look to the untrained eye that we are still very much in 'reactive' mode rather than moving forward with a clear vision given the many differing views coming out from the AGM and the various comments from Promoters during the season. .

ie Some think having the big names back will increase crowds, some want more guests, some don't think having only one eight point rider per team is the right thing to do, one wanted to change their race night and been refused permission, some have changed their race night with permission and one team has changed Leagues....

All things which would suggest they are not aware of any 'five year plan' to improve the Sport or where their Clubs fit within this 'Masterplan'...

Oh My God! It's not a wind up! It really happened - our Glorious Leader ( so pleased to be appointed ) now has two seasons to Get It All Done. Sadly I have run out of patience, along with thousands of others. But it's a grand GP sport on TV Grommit!

Edited by waytogo28

'A five year plan' .... I doubt they could even plan a trip to the supermarket without taking a wrong turn :rolleyes:

• Like 2

'A five year plan' .... I doubt they could even plan a trip to the supermarket without taking a wrong turn :rolleyes:

Don't get your hopes up. This lot had 13 goes at it :D

So 7 riders finish above 8.00 average, Cook, Doyle and Lindgren will probably be back at Belle Vue, Swindon and Wolves respectively. Vaculik is Leicester no. 1 as should have an 8.00 average. Kurtz should be back at Poole leaving Thorsell and Morris, personally think Bjerre will be loyal to Denmark as will Andersen. So bar the 8.00 GP riders and Danish riders there are still some decent riders who could ride here next season.

Don't agree with the rule but not as such a disaster as people are making out.

So 7 riders finish above 8.00 average, Cook, Doyle and Lindgren will probably be back at Belle Vue, Swindon and Wolves respectively. Vaculik is Leicester no. 1 as should have an 8.00 average. Kurtz should be back at Poole leaving Thorsell and Morris, personally think Bjerre will be loyal to Denmark as will Andersen. So bar the 8.00 GP riders and Danish riders there are still some decent riders who could ride here next season.

It is if your name's Thorssell or Morris!!

• Like 3

It is for any rider who rode his nuts off last year and achieved an average of 8+ and now because of a stupid decision has to give up a team place and may not be signed up by another team.

Well in 2018 you are going to see quite a lot of average manipulation rather than flat out team racing as some of next years top riders will not want to be unemployed in 2019.

Also I would be posting this even if it was not a Swindon rider who might lose out.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Exactly. The rules should reward riding well. Last year Joe Jacobs couldn't get a team because he scored more than most people expected the year before. Not many on the Swindon thread are mentioning David Bellego returning because he scored more than most people expected. Whereas riders who have had a bad season are suddenly seen as bargains.

So unnamed rider averages 1.5 points a meeting lower than he can. Loses 42 points money. Can get a ride this season on a better rate as he is seen as a bargain and has several clubs chasing him. He gets that money back after 6 or 7 meetings. Better that than not getting a ride for months if at all.

Exactly. The rules should reward riding well. Last year Joe Jacobs couldn't get a team because he scored more than most people expected the year before. Not many on the Swindon thread are mentioning David Bellego returning because he scored more than most people expected. Whereas riders who have had a bad season are suddenly seen as bargains.

So unnamed rider averages 1.5 points a meeting lower than he can. Loses 42 points money. Can get a ride this season on a better rate as he is seen as a bargain and has several clubs chasing him. He gets that money back after 6 or 7 meetings. Better that than not getting a ride for months if at all.

Some folks seem to be acting as if this is something new!

• Like 2

It is for any rider who rode his nuts off last year and achieved an average of 8+ and now because of a stupid decision has to give up a team place and may not be signed up by another team.

Well in 2018 you are going to see quite a lot of average manipulation rather than flat out team racing as some of next years top riders will not want to be unemployed in 2019.

Also I would be posting this even if it was not a Swindon rider who might lose out.

Seven riders were above 8.00 last season in a weakened league, so not that many who went flat out anyway in all honesty. If Morris and Thorsell are good enough they will be picked up by Rye, Rebels or KL if not still plenty of talent. Anyway more chance of some British riders getting a chance which for me is better. Each to their own though.

Seven riders were above 8.00 last season in a weakened league, so not that many who went flat out anyway in all honesty. If Morris and Thorsell are good enough they will be picked up by Rye, Rebels or KL if not still plenty of talent. Anyway more chance of some British riders getting a chance which for me is better. Each to their own though.

Sounds about right for an eight team league with Heats 13 and 15 and no bonus pts in the averages.