British Speedway Forum

Doyley hasn't said he's gone (unless I've missed something?) just that he's not riding for Swindon.

Doyley hasn't said he's gone (unless I've missed something?) just that he's not riding for Swindon.

and given the small differences in average between him and Morris it's probably finances that decided it, but that doesn't fit with the anti BSPA/Buster agenda does it :P

• Like 2

Should have been 42 - whichever way you want to make it add up accurately. With safeguards to stop later rule manipulators adding to their resources when some riders fail to "do the business".

We know where the real power resides now. It's the Championship clubs. No wonder that Ipswich & co didn't want to shift leagues, stay with strength in numbers and make the higher level league dance to their tune. No surprise to hear the AGM sessions went on for so long in that case. The Premier League is now well and truly on its own, so can it survive or will they eventually fully concede and chuck in their lot with the Championship? Unless they can conjure up some TV money and league sponsorship, it's looking a bit dodgy.

So we also have the 1 over 8 shoot-in-the-foot fiasco. Not content with being screwed over by the PL, why not inflict some self-harm as well? Already the World Champ looks like being lost to the UK. Nice start, guys. I wonder how many riders out there with 7-8 averages not currently riding UK will actually materialise? I bet they will be upping their financial demands because they can pretty much hold the UK top league to ransom now.

And the tac sub? Heat 14 allowed?? Can they be serious? Imagine a guy coming out in all 3 of heats 13, 14 and 15. Gee, won't that really speed up the match being completed. How about a rule banning tac sub riders from having 2 rides on the trot?

As my old mate Geoffrey Boycott would say, there's more brains in a Pork Pie.

• Like 4

Correct

and given the small differences in average between him and Morris it's probably finances that decided it, but that doesn't fit with the anti BSPA/Buster agenda does it :P

spot on. Swindon have decided to go with Morris and it could purely be that finances decided it.

To many people trying again to condemn Chapman.

The 1 over the 8 rule will work fine

• Like 2

Correct

spot on. Swindon have decided to go with Morris and it could purely be that finances decided it.

To many people trying again to condemn Chapman.

The 1 over the 8 rule will work fine

Wait to see if a lot of average manipulation takes place, then fans will moan about that.

Is there a complete list of which promoters attended the AGM in person? Is it true that Rosco did not attend?

.... Swindon have decided to go with Morris and it could purely be that finances decided it.

To many people trying again to condemn Chapman. The 1 over the 8 rule will work fine

Yes, it could be finances for Swindon which led them to choose Morris over Doyle, but it was the AGM decision which forced them to make a choice. So why was the rule made? It hasn’t been explained. And if promoters wish to promote the sport and keep fans on board they need to give explanations.

Was it to allow all clubs to have an 8 point rider because they all want one?

Was it to allow cost-cutting, because top riders demand more pay?

Was it because some clubs want to sign seven 6 pointers and were worried they’d get 5-1s against them in heats 13 and 15, forgetting their advantage in heats 2 and 8?

Was it thought sensible to force riders to ride for clubs that they don’t want to?

Was it thought acceptable to destroy the brand loyalty that continuity gives so that Swindon and Wolves have to lose a club asset who has helped to bring back fans year after year?

Was it because a club wanted someone else, anyone, rather than “whinging” Chris Holder?

Was it due to envy of Swindon, Wolves and Belle Vue?

Was it really well thought through? That’s what we need to know, so please tell us.

Yes, it could be finances for Swindon which led them to choose Morris over Doyle, but it was the AGM decision which forced them to make a choice. So why was the rule made? It hasn’t been explained. And if promoters wish to promote the sport and keep fans on board they need to give explanations.

Was it because some clubs want to sign seven 6 pointers and were worried they’d get 5-1s against them in heats 13 and 15, forgetting their advantage in heats 2 and 8?

Was it thought sensible to force riders to ride for clubs that they don’t want to?

Was it thought acceptable to destroy the brand loyalty that continuity gives so that Swindon and Wolves have to lose a club asset who has helped to bring back fans year after year?

Was it because a club wanted someone else, anyone, rather than “whinging” Chris Holder?

Was it really well thought through? That’s what we need to know, so please tell us.

If as commented that there will be no tv money in 2018, that must have been a major factor in looking at reducing finances next year.

• Like 1

Yes, answers please from the new "transparent BSPA" on these and on the whole TV situation. More and more people just won't bother to " turn up as usual" next March - believe me those that can bothered to, are dwindling because of the closely guarded nature of how UK speedway is run.

How much money did each club receive for the last year of the Sky deal?

How much money did each club receive for the last year of the Sky deal?

I seem to recall the money was only paid to the clubs who had their meeting televised rather than a block payment to the bspa which in the past has been shared out to the clubs, but have no idea how much it was per meeting.

I seem to recall the money was only paid to the clubs who had their meeting televised rather than a block payment to the bspa which in the past has been shared out to the clubs, but have no idea how much it was per meeting.

So just basically compensation for having admission prices reduced and/or potential lower crowds?

I understood it was £1.5 million per season ( lees Mr Russell's commission ) shared between the top tier clubs.

Was also told that it mostly went to the top riders wages ( to hold onto them for UK racing ) . Not much seems to have been invested.

Edited by waytogo28

I understood it was £1.5 million per season ( lees Mr Russell's commission ) shared between the top tier clubs.

Was also told that it mostly went to the top riders wages ( to hold onto them for UK racing ) . Not much seems to have been invested.

I think that was the original type deal but later changed to just paying the clubs who were shown on tv.