Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Maybe poole don't have any Danish riders?

They had 2 this year tho!!!

They had 2 this year tho!!!

But were talking about next season. DUH

Edited by Starman2006

Home and away twice with the KO Cup, racing once will not be enough pay days for the riders

Should have been 10-12 teams in the top flight

Must be because some championship teams dont feel like they have the ability to get certain riders. Clubs must stay within there means.

But were talking about next season. DUH

And we're discussing clashes with the Danish league which is on a Wednesday, like this year. DUH.

• Like 2

Find out for sure later today but Mon / Thurs seems more sensible. If UK races on Wednesday it rules out the Danes as there league is on that night. Why make riders make a choice, lets race when no one else does.

If Ipswich have stayed in the championship, with their insistence to retain their Thursday race night . My guess then, assumes the two fixed race nights will be Mondays and Wednesdays.....

It seems again, we have all the promoters, from both divisions working together to put the sport first.......... Yeah right...

• Like 1

So it looks like we've got to run on a Wednesday in order to bow down to certain clubs demands....shocker

Must be because some championship teams dont feel like they have the ability to get certain riders. Clubs must stay within there means.

I will reserve final judgement until press release but if this is the case then the 8 existing teams did not do enough to encourage them up, for example lowering the points limit so they could get a competitive team or bringing in a pay cap so they were not taking such a big financial risk .

• Like 2

I will reserve final judgement until press release but if this is the case then the 8 existing teams did not do enough to encourage them up, for example lowering the points limit so they could get a competitive team or bringing in a pay cap so they were not taking such a big financial risk .

Agree we need to see full content of AGM but the initial release doesn't initially inspire.

If it is 8 & 11, initial thoughts are as it is for Prem and maybe Lakeside topping up existing Champ.

So all the gossip re 1/2 coming up has not come to pass it seems. Interesting to see why they decided not to and maybe explains the slow progress of the meeting and lack of any positive updates.

I followed your various posts re changing things for the better of UK Speedway but in all honesty I could never see the main teams in the Prem such as Poole/BV/Wolves etc agreeing to lower both the standard and implement things like a pay cap.

I for one want to see both top riders and good racing. Taking the sport back to near enough basic level with little to no overseas stars is not for me the way forward.

Anyway let's see the full announcement but looks like it may be more of the same and if points dropped to say 41 then chances are lower level again. Hopefully at least some fixed nights will bring some of the stars most of us want to see over. Those that choose to sign them, it is their choice and if my club can afford that luxury then fine by me.

So it looks like we've got to run on a Wednesday in order to bow down to certain clubs demands....shocker

Kings Lynn always getting their own way and we all have to tow the line!

why should the preimiership ride thursday when there championship ride on that night

Only 1 rider over an 8 average!!!! What is the point! You should be able to build the team to the limit as you wish!

• Like 4