Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Only 1 rider over an 8 average!!!! What is the point! You should be able to build the team to the limit as you wish!

Agreed. Just a bit stupid really. Wolves and Swindon are going to have a bit of a problem just because they were successful last year.

Swindon, Wolves and Belle Vue will have to lose one of their top two.

Only 1 rider over an 8 average!!!! What is the point! You should be able to build the team to the limit as you wish!

like swindon did last season and won the league ?

• Like 1

Yes I'd prefer they'd let clubs build how they like to the limit but they've got it pretty much spot on. We should see some solid line ups next year. No double points, back to the old tac sub which most on here seemed to prefer.

Edited by woz01

like swindon did last season and won the league ?

We started with two riders over 8, why shouldn't we be allowed to do the same....

So all this talk about getting the superstars back and 3 teams will have to lose one of theirs?? Ha ha

But they can gain one. A few of the so called superstars average under 8!

I don't see the point of forcing teams to have only one rider with an average of over 8!! There were 7 riders in the premiership last season who finished with an average above 8. Assuming Vaculik will come in on a plus 8 average that means those riders will fill the top spot in all of the current teams. So much for attracting quality riders to come back to the league... there's no room for them! I thought we needed more riders in Britain yet we are making things more difficult for absolutely no reason. If you have a team points limit, let teams build their team how they want!

• Like 6

We started with two riders over 8, why shouldn't we be allowed to do the same....

i do agree with you lets be honest most poole supporters expected to have a rider on a higher average than brady in the team .same old story swindon being punished for being a suxcess last season

• Like 2

Wednesday nights? Well that effectively rules me out for the entire season then.

One rider over 8? Load of old nonsense. It's not just about team strengths, it's about keeping the riders that mean something to supporters. It also rules out any new decent riders as Vaculik makes up the full quota of 8 riders.

I wonder how many riders over 8 the team run by the Chairman has.

Tac subs? Look forward to seeing everyone complain about how unfair they are.

Why is it always Swindon that get stuffed in the AGM?

Edited by grachan
  • Like 2

BV were losing Bjerre anyway - more definite now that Wednesday is one of the fixed nights, but tough on Wolves and Swindon in particular.

I wonder where Thorsell and either Doyle or Morris will race - or will it be 'if'??

Assuming it was the 8 Premiership clubs that voted in the 'one over the 8' rule, I wonder which clubs were in the majority?? Very odd rule.

Edited by Skidder1

Only 1 rider allowed over 8pts is an hilariously bad move.

Why would I pay £250 for a season ticket to watch Championship standard racing?

Nothing inspiring or revolutionary and certainly a brave move to set a 42.5 point limit in the premiership.

I believe 2018 is now a big financial risk for all clubs and it will be interesting to see how they will make up for the lost sky TV income in their budgets (for example will they increase ticket prices).

I wish all the clubs luck in making a success of 2018.

Unless I've missed it, no confirmation over home and away fixtures. I assume each team will ride home and away twice against each side.

The one rider over 8.00 seems pointless but the rest seems promising - albeit trying to pluck them from a poorly worded statement missing lots of details. At least we know Josh Auty is getting a testimonial 🙄

It does seem a strange rule, as I can't see any team going with Morris or Thorssell as their #1, so it can't be about sharing around who's available.