British Speedway Forum

A reasonable AGM in my opinion. The main gripe people seemed to have was around fixture clashes, which has now been addressed. I'm not sure why everyone suddenly thought all the 'stars' would be back as we don't pay them near what they want. There'll be a reasonable smattering of good riders, there's no point in bankrupting clubs by offering silly money.

The T/R is now gone, which is good too.

They'll never please everyone but at least a step in the right direction.

It is pie in the sky to believe the top riders will come flooding back, you are right now certainly is not the time to be paying silly money.For me this league is what it is,and hopefully clubs will be stable and keep running for years to come.As a example at Swindon hopefully Doyle will be back he will be rewarded with more money? rightly so but how could they afford another big hitter.?It is not viable, the money is not there if the product is good whatever level you are at you have half a chance the top riders it would be great to see them but not at a cost longterm. Edited by Sidney the robin

Why doesn’t BV get to vote?

Because it is a new promotion, you have to be a promoter for three years before you can get a vote at the BSPA AGM.

• Like 1

Get your 8 point rider to reduce his average in the first month to below 8 and then bring in another 8 point rider.

Simples. ;)

Mmmmmmmmmmm ;)

You wanted the top boys back. You now moan they won't come back.

You all want polish style teams,

Well if you want a polish style team. Go get one. Here's just 1 example

Zagar 7.48

Shamek pawlicki 6.75

Holder 7.16

Woffy 7.03

Piotr pawlicki 7.32

Bewley 4.71

Smith 2

= 42.45

Other options

Kildermand 7.10

Madsen 6.10

Fricke 7.39

Lindback 7

What a team that would be

Edited by Phil The Ace

So an 8 point rider has a poor start to the season and drops below 8 points in the first set of greensheet averages!! Does that mean another 8 pointer can be signed - and in theory at least - make the team even stronger within the 42.5 limit?

PS. Bjerre cannot be vying with Cook for a BV team place yet as BV won't have yet had permission from Poole who own Bjerre's contract. Similar situation with NKI and KL if you believe MF's comments in today's local Echo?!

In justifying the 'one over the eight' rule, he states its in everyone's interest to ensure that the likes of Somerset have a decent Number 1. He then goes on to mention several riders by name that he is in contact with - NKI, Bjerre, Holder, Andersen, Janowski and Madsen. So could this mean that for example Kurtz may be loaned back to Somerset (along with his mate Jack Holder) and also even with C.Holder(?), leaving Poole to sign another 8 pointer and a couple of 7 pointers to make a stronger 2-5?

Poole are in a pretty strong position because of this rule. It wouldn't surprise me if they voted for it too.

Poole are in a pretty strong position because of this rule. It wouldn't surprise me if they voted for it too.

There could be some strange and unexpected results at the start of the season.

• Like 1

Is there a tranfer deadline this year? No mention of it as far as I can see.

Because it is a new promotion, you have to be a promoter for three years before you can get a vote at the BSPA AGM.

Not shooting the messenger but that is bonkers. We need money being put into the sport but if that happens, new promoter, they have no say on how things are run.

Can you imagine football being run like that.

• Like 1

No mention of how many double ups, race format. Nothing really.

• Like 1

You wonder how they have to go all the way to Tenerife to decide virtually nothing,must be so as they can spike the drinks when they are all in the one room.Then have the vote.

Edited by Fromafar

"SET RACE DAYS WILL TEMPT THE BIG BOYS BACK!"

"ONLY 1 8PT RIDER PER TEAM"

Ok guys, good job. I'm sure we'll see the big boys flooding back.

Of course the devil could be in the detail. Why ???

If the BSPA/SCB allow riders back on their old GSA then you could have GP stars past/present and probably future riding IF 1) They want to come back to ride in UK and B) If the Poles relax the max league rules for 2018. I thought they were waiting until the AGM was finalised on fixed race days etc before deciding, otherwise why would NKI have been so public about riding in UK in Speedway star and social media.

When you think about it you have riders such as both Pawlicki's/Milik/Madsen/Lebedevs and no doubt numerous others who could ride here in 2018 if they a re assessed at their old GSA's or below 8 on new GSA's depending upon what the authorities have (or not) agreed.

Unfortunately none of this info released so we are in the dark.

7.34 I think was the figure for Piotr.

What other team is going to sign Thorsell - who is great around Monmore Green and not so good elsewhere (and coming back from serious injury)?

You aren't the first person to say Thorssell is poor and wrong as well.

His away average is 7.55 (8.19 with BP).

Speedway star have him listed as 6th in away averages, above Hans, Bjerre, Harris, Holder, Fricke, Holder, Kurtz, Nicholls, Lambert, King. Of all the listed above 8 for next season Jacob is 5th in away averages.

I think we can all see that Jacob isn't poor away.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

Id have him at Lynn, brilliant there. Maybe the responsibility of being a number one could move his career to the next level.