British Speedway Forum

Seven riders were above 8.00 last season in a weakened league, so not that many who went flat out anyway in all honesty. If Morris and Thorsell are good enough they will be picked up by Rye, Rebels or KL if not still plenty of talent. Anyway more chance of some British riders getting a chance which for me is better. Each to their own though.

I would prefer if Brits improved and there were enough riders for two over 8 for each team but it will not happen if each year the bspa vote in rules that force good riders up and leave.

personally think Bjerre will be loyal to Denmark as will Andersen. So bar the 8.00 GP riders and Danish riders there are still some decent riders who could ride here next season.

Don't agree with the rule but not as such a disaster as people are making out.

I don't get the loyalty issue with Denmark. Nothing has changed. Andersen rode for Poole this year and was in squad in Denmark. No new issues.

• Like 1

It is for any rider who rode his nuts off last year and achieved an average of 8+ and now because of a stupid decision has to give up a team place and may not be signed up by another team.

Well in 2018 you are going to see quite a lot of average manipulation rather than flat out team racing as some of next years top riders will not want to be unemployed in 2019.

Also I would be posting this even if it was not a Swindon rider who might lose out.

Agreed your guna get a league season of cant score to many pts as they could employ that rule next yr,then the next yr you will find that is gone down to 7.50 or some other stupid rules the non play off teams decide

Seven riders were above 8.00 last season in a weakened league, so not that many who went flat out anyway in all honesty. If Morris and Thorsell are good enough they will be picked up by Rye, Rebels or KL if not still plenty of talent. Anyway more chance of some British riders getting a chance which for me is better. Each to their own though.

Dont think some people quite get it,you get penalised for improving yet riders that go no where in the sport get employed yr in yr out.

Then wait for it these clubs that vote for this stupid ludicrous stupendious farsical rule to come in wont actually get anyone with a 8 plus average couldnt make it up!!

• Like 4

I don't get the loyalty issue with Denmark. Nothing has changed. Andersen rode for Poole this year and was in squad in Denmark. No new issues.

Is it not who you signed for first.Hans first Danish team failed to come to the tapes.As he was aiready

signed up for poole they had priority.He signed for next Danish team at a later date.

WHY should you have to break up your team? Everyone doesn't accept that as witnessed above.

Don't penalise success. It's ridiculous. One promoter once told me that there was no point trying to bring along young talent because sooner or later he would be forced to see them go elsewhere, probably to a track that did nothing off their own back.

I repeat ... madness.

You say that but Wolves have persevered with Thorssell and kept him in their team, same as Lynn with Lambert, Swindon with Morris etc etc

The strongest team has to lose someone to equal the teams up again, there are not enough riders wanting to race here to make the rest of the teams stronger....

Edited by Trees

Interestingly Wolves fans were on CVS's case to sign Masters as an asset earlier in the season. He said there was no point. Did he already know something?

Is it not who you signed for first.Hans first Danish team failed to come to the tapes.As he was aireadysigned up for poole they had priority.He signed for next Danish team at a later date.

Doubtful. Home nation always counts as priority. Unless of course the Poles say different. :neutral:

Dont think some people quite get it,you get penalised for improving yet riders that go no where in the sport get employed yr in yr out.

Then wait for it these clubs that vote for this stupid ludicrous stupendious farsical rule to come in wont actually get anyone with a 8 plus average couldnt make it up!!

I think it's you that doesn't get it.

It's been this way the entire time I have been watching the sport, since early 80's.

Haven't said that I don't get why it's a stupid rule, infact the opposite, i have said I disagree with the rule. It does stunt some of those riders who have given their all. In all honesty though that happens every season as it happened to our riders when we had a 5 year run of success before moving up. I am however disagreeing with some people who say it devoids the league of talent when really that is far from true.

If a team in the league decides against a rider over 8 (which they are entitled to do so) should this then allow another team to sign a 2nd rider over 8?

• Like 2

If a team in the league decides against a rider over 8 (which they are entitled to do so) should this then allow another team to sign a 2nd rider over 8?

That would be sensible - then wanted riders aren't forced out of work

• Like 1

Reading the SS, it appears Fat Maud was the instigator of having Wednesdays as a fixed race night, instead of Thursdays, and every team voted to comply. That's all except Swindon. They have been given permission to run half their meetings on Thursdays, but it was also suggested we will run Thursdays in 2018....

So in affect these fixed race nights are ' Do as you Like' :t::t:

I wonder , if we had the chance to sign Niels, but it meant moving our race night to Thursdays, so not to clash with the Danish league, would we be given the same compassion as Swindon. ???

• Like 1

Reading the SS, it appears Fat Maud was the instigator of having Wednesdays as a fixed race night, instead of Thursdays, and every team voted to comply. That's all except Swindon. They have been given permission to run half their meetings on Thursdays, but it was also suggested we will run Thursdays in 2018....

So in affect these fixed race nights are ' Do as you Like' :t::t:

I wonder , if we had the chance to sign Niels, but it meant moving our race night to Thursdays, so not to clash with the Danish league, would we be given the same compassion as Swindon. ???

Still the big question could you sign him anyway ??

I have not seen anywhere that the Poles have lifted the 3 max league rule incl your nationality league if you are riding POL EXL. Unless they announce that he can only sign for DK anyway as he wont drop POL or SWE.

You can use same argument to numerous riders incl the likes of K Bjerre who although sounding peed off about the one rider only over 8 rule has not got the green light as far as I am aware he can ride UK anyway having signed like NKI for POL EXL and Sweden. he got away with it last year as his team were in POL Nice 1 so like Hans Andersen could do all 4 leagues. Not any more as Bjerre's team are now POL EXL.

• Like 1

They're not being dumbed down much this year, if anything at all.

Correct its actuslly the opposite. Youd expect the average team average in any year to be around 41.5. So this year each team can be on average a point stronger than last year. And if no conversion is needed for heat leaders from 2016 who didnt ride last year, that strengthens it further as in reality they should be on multiplier.
  • Like 1

Why should they be on a multiplier?