British Speedway Forum

Its been said on the Swindon Facebook page by a wolves fan that any GP rider will be 9 if they missed last season. This includes Kildemand. Also said that with a TV deal Somerset would look at Zagar/Killer as number 1 however without they cant affoed either. This is only what has been site on our page

Crazy that it would include Kildemand, he was a reserve.

Crazy that it would include Kildemand, he was a reserve.

I can only assume it means former full-time GP riders too. Edited by frigbo
  • Like 1

I don't like these arbitrary rules. Presumably it means NKI's average goes down while Woffinden, Zagar, Kildemand etc. goes up?

Should have used the 1.08 multiplier.

How can anybody be surprised that there's no TV deal when the smaller clubs have once again voted to weaken the product? Now more news on fixed averages for GP riders has emerged......it just gets more ridiculous.

In all do respect, it is not the fault of the BSPA why the top riders don't ride here, it is all down to finance. We have to accept we cannot afford the demands these top riders require, and cut our material to suit what we can afford.....

• Like 1

I don't like these arbitrary rules. Presumably it means NKI's average goes down while Woffinden, Zagar, Kildemand etc. goes up?

what an absolute farce but Im sure the chairman on it as we speak - I regularly get accused of being negative regarding speedway but how can anyone defend British speedway ?
  • Like 1

Well I for one think its a great idea. What these riders achieved years ago is of no importance, its the standard they are today that matters. All the four riders you mentioned are all of similar ability so in my book should be of a similar score...... :t::t:

• Like 1

In all do respect, it is not the fault of the BSPA why the top riders don't ride here, it is all down to finance. We have to accept we cannot afford the demands these top riders require, and cut our material to suit what we can afford.....

sadly it is the BSPA fault theyve made so the top riders wont race here because of the way the sports run in this country.

To be fair, why should Woffinden, Zagar, Kildemand etc be on 7 averages when Morris and Thorsell are on over 8? It kind of makes sense, although a bit general.

So, if Doyle doesn't get a team this year, does he come back on 9.00 next year?

• Like 4

It’s all one step forward and two steps back.

Fixed nights for the respective leagues then only one rider over 8, stop Nicholls etc doubling down and no tv deal.

It’s impressive isn’t it.

Absoloutly bloody clueless

• Like 3

Agree with this. Just because your a GP rider it shouldn't necessarily mean you're a 9. Surely use the multiplier or at least look at their averages in other leagues.

Agree with this. Just because your a GP rider it shouldn't necessarily mean you're a 9. Surely use the multiplier or at least look at their averages in other leagues.

I think 9 is reasonable enough. It puts them above Morris/Thorsell and below Doyle/Lindgren. Plus their current averages were achieved under the old race format and in a stronger league.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 2

The word 'transparency' was bandied about when Buster first took office, so lets have some now. Lets hear WHY these decisions are being taken. Other than the odd paranoid conspiracy theorist most of us would guess it's all some attempt at cost cutting but EXPLAIN it all to the few hard core fans who are left so we can try and understand why the product is being made less attractive once again.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 6

It getting beyond a joke if aGP rider is assessed as a 9 .Its pretty obvious its cost cutting exercise ,It should have been 1 big league with 1 over 8 and promote NL riders into reserve positions for the future IMO.Wonder what admission costs will be for Premiership.

The word 'transparency' was bandied about when Buster first took office, so lets have some now. Lets hear WHY these decisions are being taken. Other than the odd paranoid conspiracy theorist most of us would guess it's all some attempt at cost cutting but EXPLAIN it all to the few hard core fans who are left so we can try and understand why the product is being made less attractive once again.

Being brutally honest I think it’s worse now than in previous years.

BSPA don’t do transparency, fair or reasonable or even good advice going on recent events.

• Like 3

It getting beyond a joke if aGP rider is assessed as a 9 .Its pretty obvious its cost cutting exercise ,It should have been 1 big league with 1 over 8 and promote NL riders into reserve positions for the future IMO.Wonder what admission costs will be for Premiership.

The product gets worse but the price remains the same or even increases.

I want to get a season ticket for next year (as I have the previous 2) but all of these new ridiculous dumbing down rules are really putting me off. The standard last year was just about acceptable but it's bound to get even worse.