British Speedway Forum

Its been said on the Swindon Facebook page by a wolves fan that any GP rider will be 9 if they missed last season. This includes Kildemand. Also said that with a TV deal Somerset would look at Zagar/Killer as number 1 however without they cant affoed either. This is only what has been site on our page

Still think Morris will struggle, I dont!!!

Me neither now. Will hold his own as its only going to be Championship racing in the top flight due to the weakening of the product.

I think 9 is reasonable enough. It puts them above Morris/Thorsell and below Doyle/Lindgren. Plus their current averages were achieved under the old race format and in a stronger league.

Chris Holder is still a GP rider who averaged less than 8 in 2017. Will his average be increased if he rides in 2018?

Its good to see the bosses finally clamping down on these low average ringers.

I remember when the clamped down on clubs willy nilly calling meetings off with a high profile fine and point deduction.

I think we all got fed up of top league riders picking and choosing meetings, so to see them clamp down on this by banning a rider for subsequent meetings was welcomed by all.

LOL

Chris Holder is still a GP rider who averaged less than 8 in 2017. Will his average be increased if he rides in 2018?

No. For the same reason Nick Morris won't have his decreased. It's a valid average obtained in a league/race format that is the same as this year..

• Like 1

So, presumably, this mean GP riders who have been out of the UK. So Zagar is now a 9? That scuppers any chance of him coming here. Vaculik also a 9.

What about people like Kildemand? Rode as a reserve and not in it this year. Does he become a 9 or does he retain his average?

Why scrap the 2 Brit rule? Makes no sense at all.

I assume Zagar and Kildemand are a 9. Completely agree about the 2 Brit rule. Extremely short sighted.

So, if Doyle doesn't get a team this year, does he come back on 9.00 next year?

Doyle will be here in the UK this year unless he prices himself out. Next year is soooo next year!!! Anything can happen with the rules as you know!!

Holder, like Lindren and Doyle rode here in 2017 so keep their averages which is perfect sense.

I can see Doyle to Poole happening. With Brady's contract being terminated and going to Somerset. Otherwise Doyle wont get a ride which would be a shame for British Speedway.

BV - Cook

KL - ?

Leic - Vaculik

Poole - ?

Rye - Cant afford Doyle imo.

Somerset - Cant afford Doyle.

Swin - Morris

Wolves - Lindgren

I can see Doyle to Poole happening. With Brady's contract being terminated and going to Somerset. Otherwise Doyle wont get a ride which would be a shame for British Speedway.

BV - Cook

KL - ?

Leic - Vaculik

Poole - ?

Rye - Cant afford Doyle imo.

Somerset - Cant afford Doyle.

Swin - Morris

Wolves - Lindgren

Again, do you know how much money Rye House owners have.....more than most in the league, Wouldn't count them out.

Doyle will not be at Poole.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

Doyle could go to Rye (who have investors who spend), Poole or Lynn.

He has options still.

• Like 1

Does it really matter what the GP riders are assessed at - 8.00; 8.50 or 9.00. teams can still have only one 8 and over!!

As for Doyle, he's stated in the past that he would never ride for Poole again (well at least not while MF is there). I agree with SB that Rye could be are a serious contender for Doyle's signature.

• Like 1

Does it really matter what the GP riders are assessed at - 8.00; 8.50 or 9.00. teams can still have only one 8 and over!!

As for Doyle, he's stated in the past that he would never ride for Poole again (well at least not while MF is there). I agree with SB that Rye could be are a serious contender for Doyle's signature.

Be interesting who ends up leaving Rye then. Thought Harris, KK and Nicholls would be a shoe in.

It’s all one step forward and two steps back.

Fixed nights for the respective leagues then only one rider over 8, stop Nicholls etc doubling down and no tv deal.

It’s impressive isn’t it.

Absoloutly bloody clueless

I would say more than two steps back.

Ok so gp riders and riders missing for 12 months are 9. what about some of these up an d coming U21 stars, what figure will be plucked out of the air for them?

I would say more than two steps back.Ok so gp riders and riders missing for 12 months are 9. what about some of these up an d coming U21 stars, what figure will be plucked out of the air for them?

I think the assessment used of 7 last season is fair. Don't see a need to change that. Probably be what Woryna will be on too.

• Like 1

I think the assessment used of 7 last season is fair. Don't see a need to change that. Probably be what Woryna will be on too.

If Musielak and Bellego finished on 7.37 then it's fair to think Woryna could achieve a 7 and be classed 7 too.

• Like 1

If Musielak and Bellego finished on 7.37 then it's fair to think Woryna could achieve a 7 and be classed 7 too.

Never gonna happen as Poole wouldn't have their traditional "ringer" in the starting line-up :wink:

• Like 1

Never gonna happen as Poole wouldn't have their traditional "ringer" in the starting line-up :wink:

Let them if it pans out like last season :drink: