British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

The only rider I'd have back, assumes Cooky lets Comets go (which he should), would be Matty W ... He progressed into main body with improvement ... but Campton was not giving up the 2 jacket and when Tape breaker arrived he wasn't giving up Matty's old reserve birth. So he was stuck at 4. As a result he struggled and nothing was done to help him in team positions (he should have been at 2) ... Anyway compare other teams number 4's:-

1) Kyle Newman

2) Ulrich Ostergaard

3) Ludvig Lindgren

4) Josh Bates

5) Ryan Douglas

So if we go again on track in 2018 ... bring back Matty and look for another 6 ...

so no feedback from the annual d/d !

looks like that old chestnut of , we cant say anything until we know how the league is going to pan out .

its funny how a promoter can be a self employed person , but not have any or little say i how to make their product better .

its like a bunch of M.P.s without the iffy stuff .

ahh well , just keep the public guessing and eventually they will turn their backs on the sport .

ehh , what do ya mean they have . !

Anyway compare other teams number 4's:-

1) Kyle Newman

2) Ulrich Ostergaard

3) Ludvig Lindgren

4) Josh Bates

5) Ryan Douglas

Full list of number 4s

Berwick - Kevin Doolan

Edinburgh - Mark Riss

Glasgow - Dan Bewley

Ipswich - Kyle Newman

Newcastle - Ludvig Lindgren

Peterborough - Ulrich Østergaard

Redcar - Jonas B Andersen

Scunthorpe - Ryan Douglas

Sheffield - Josh Bates

Workington - Matt Williamson

Workington definitely had the weaker number 4 but thats what you get for having someone as good as Cook in your team with TJ and Proctor supporting, your lower end had to be weak

Full list of number 4s

Berwick - Kevin Doolan

Edinburgh - Mark Riss

Glasgow - Dan Bewley

Ipswich - Kyle Newman

Newcastle - Ludvig Lindgren

Peterborough - Ulrich Østergaard

Redcar - Jonas B Andersen

Scunthorpe - Ryan Douglas

Sheffield - Josh Bates

Workington - Matt Williamson

Workington definitely had the weaker number 4 but thats what you get for having someone as good as Cook in your team with TJ and Proctor supporting, your lower end had to be weak

Though TJ and Procter were big let downs IMO

I think that's probably a reflection of your unrealistic expectations rather than their ability to be fair. I'd suggest they both performed as most people would expect across the season.

• Like 1

i thought ty proctor had increased his average , so performed well enough through out the season .

where as tj had some great meetings and some big off,s that sort pf ruined his season .

but thats what speedway riders do , ride hard n fast , then get injured .

anyhow , we are looking for names of riders for next year and not here to diss them .

they all do a great job in the entertainment department .apart from the odd one or two ! ! !

I think that's probably a reflection of your unrealistic expectations rather than their ability to be fair. I'd suggest they both performed as most people would expect across the season.

Its my opinion,yours if different!

Well spotted. It's what you generally find on a discussion forum.

is it true that steve whitehead hired a hypnotist to stop all that were there last night spilling the beans on what was said

suerly everyones not still hungover

or was the do the same as the rest of the info recently nothing at all

did any of the promotion turn up ?

mushroom, dark , poo ! fed on .

mushrooms , dark , poo . they think its all over , it is now ``! n e info n e 1 ?

No surprises last night, Craig said he wont be here next year, but said more than once that he wants to ride for the Comets again. Ty and Thomas both felt they should have done better, Matt repeated that he loves the track and hopes after the AGM that hes not jobless next season. Mason pledged his loyalty to the promotion if they ask him back. Steve hopes that the promoters come up with something for the good of the whole of speedway. Laura wants to keep running the club but finances are to be looked at, I feel it will be on next season, hope Im right. That we had to run for more than half the fixtures with a guest reserve because of the rules was mentioned by Steve or Jacko. Dan Bewley was there, Kyle wasnt, didnt see him anyway.

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1

thanks for the wee bit of info comet49 . it gives everyone hope . cheers .

No surprises last night, Craig said he wont be here next year, but said more than once that he wants to ride for the Comets again. Ty and Thomas both felt they should have done better, Matt repeated that he loves the track and hopes after the AGM that hes not jobless next season. Mason pledged his loyalty to the promotion if they ask him back. Steve hopes that the promoters come up with something for the good of the whole of speedway. Laura wants to keep running the club but finances are to be looked at, I feel it will be on next season, hope Im right. That we had to run for more than half the fixtures with a guest reserve because of the rules was mentioned by Steve or Jacko. Dan Bewley was there, Kyle wasnt, didnt see him anyway.

Excellent summary, to the best of my recollection. Thought Ty's reaction to his News & Star rider of the year award -- (imagine strident Aussie whinge) "Well, it's about time!" was superb.

I was disappointed with them both. True, Proctor's average was up but he was nothing like the rider of a few seasons ago. Jorgensen was down.

I don't think that an expectation that both would be around or over the 8 point mark would have been unreasonable at the start of the season but they never got near it.

Williamson and Campton were the big improvers, with Williamson starting to cut it in the no 4 race jacket at the end of the season.

I don't blame the promotion for a wait and we'll see attitude. Gates for the last third of the season were disastrous despite a decent team and some excellent racing, and Laura simply must have as much information as possible to hand before she makes a final decision.

• Like 1

I'd say Proctor's time away from the UK and his spell at Sheffield suggested that he is around a seven nowadays, his best days were a fair old while ago now. TJ has pretty much been at that level for quite a while; add in his knee injury and other knocks and its no surprise he dropped a little.

Fingers crossed Workington come to the tapes in 2018.