British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

youd think bomber would be the one a lot would be shouting for

but heard his name linked to glasgee

Why? He is on the downward spiral now in afraid; an was not a number 1 for peterbourgh

Why? He is on the downward spiral now in afraid; an was not a number 1 for peterbourgh

I feel he may have done what was needed to make himself attractive in 2018....

I feel he may have done what was needed to make himself attractive in 2018....

how has he done that , more lippy and a good shave ? still a number 1 in my eyes .

• Like 2

how has he done that , more lippy and a good shave ? still a number 1 in my eyes .

Can't gate for toffee, there are far better riders available at this level imo an more importantly he will not come cheap

i neversaid he was top of his game

i said you would think thats what people would be shouting for

most people judge speedway riders from past results not current form

id say about 70% or more speeday fans wouldnt recognise a improving rider if they watched them 3 times a week compared to 1 thats been on top and on there way down

Can't gate for toffee, there are far better riders available at this level imo an more importantly he will not come cheap

Can't gate but a racer ala Charles Wright who you quoted in another post.

Aaron Summers a gating tart who you dont want as he is not a racer, contradicting yourself there.

So what/who do you want we can rule out gating tarts , racers who can't gate, riders in decline (allegedly).

Doesn't leave much and is the perfect rider going to be affordable.

anyone with a number 1 on his back deservers to command a wee bit extra .

thats why last seasons number 1 left for edinburgh all those years ago .

Edited by jenga

dont think either would as they are carrying too much baggage + Poland etc and workington would have to lock up their wives !

so its a no from me to the worrals of wimbledon common ........ give me the wombles any day .

Texas will to become a grandad . if you though speedway was hard ! ! ! congratulations ..

Edited by jenga

I personally would be quite happy to watch Bomber miss the gate next year - far more entertaining than watching a gating tart like Summers.

Ty and Mason for me. The former gave everything all year (single handedly towards the end of the season), the latter improved his average by around a point and whilst he had some disappointing nights also scored big at times.

I like Matt but I haven't seen enough from him when he doesn't gate.

• Like 2

Whils't we're clutching at straws in the hope that the thought of 400 supporters thru the gate again will be enough to persuade the promotion to run on next year a rider I'd like to see joining Campton, Proctor and Bickley would be Ben Barker!! :t:

Certainly good value for another season or two and, well, Redcar fans seem to like him, hmm..........worth a poach I think?? :D

• Like 2

still moan , speedway or no speedway .

D.W.P. , P.P.I. , RISING COST OF EVERYTHING , INTEREST RATE GOING UP , TOO MUCH SUGAR IN WATER . ya know .

that sort of stuff / and then theres peterborough and dare i say it , GLASGOW . almost forgot boris j. the pillock !

• Like 1

so , looks like we could be on for another year with speedway @ workington . not going to celebrate as its not been clarified by anyone from the official workington management . fingers crossed .

• Like 3

so , looks like we could be on for another year with speedway @ workington . not going to celebrate as its not been clarified by anyone from the official workington management . fingers crossed .

and looks like the starting proceedures will be modified so Sarj will be fine now.... 😜