British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Sedgmen wants a 5k signing on fee and Laura wouldn't pay that.

What planet do some of these morons come from. Sedgmen is rubbish what makes him think hes deserving of a 5k signing on fee.

• Like 2

GP Rider

The trouble I see in the Comets team building is you generally start from your number one. We have lost our number one for 2018 and there and not that many number ones about especially when some teams sign two !!

Matt has that average where you probably want to include him in your team but until you get other riders sorted his sort of average would be the final piece of the jigsaw.

The team I named did not include Matt simply because of the other riders I picked. The last rider was a choice between Matt and Mason and I went for Mason who would have been at reserve. I k ow its only a team I picked but I went for depth as not any big hitters available

Barker

Sedgeman

Jorgensen

Bewley

Proctor

Campton

Bickley

Who would you swap in a team line up similar to that for Matt ?

We all have our own opinions and its a tough one.

Barker signed for Redcar.

also its great to get a few 1 off visitors

but its the ones who will come back week after week thats needed

a family atmosphere is whats needed again

when you have fans coming treat them right in order for them to return

In actual fact, its both. Isle of Wight's gates double in the holiday season (an extra 300 per week) and that's the difference between survival and closure.

While I accept that some places are too far away to reasonably attract anyone, some are not. In a holiday destination, you simply have to let those who do not live in an area know that you are there. Workington just don't do that.

• Like 2

Sedgmen wants a 5k signing on fee and Laura wouldn't pay that.

wouldnt even waste 5p on him...

What planet do some of these morons come from. Sedgmen is rubbish what makes him think hes deserving of a 5k signing on fee.

Heard this a lot about Sedgmen, his demands are becoming as legendary as his injuries, perhaps a year in Australia might change things.

• Like 2

if this is the way workington speedway operates with its riders , I DONT WANT TO BE PART OF WORKINGTON SPEEDWAY IN 2018 .

matt is waiting for a phone call to either give him employment in the coming season OR a phone call to say he us not in their 2018 plans .

how frigging hard is that to call someone . looks like golden balls holding riders by the gonads again .

even a quick call to put him in the picture about the 2018 season . it will be a big loss to miss out on the ever improving matt w .

All hail Hallelujah !!!! Those words are music to my ears ..... :party::party: :party: :party:

I would prefer Ellis Perks , slotting him at reserve if we could

Heard this a lot about Sedgmen, his demands are becoming as legendary as his injuries, perhaps a year in Australia might change things.

Absolutely, cant stand the cretin. If he never rode over here again it would be too soon for me.

The trouble I see in the Comets team building is you generally start from your number one. We have lost our number one for 2018 and there and not that many number ones about especially when some teams sign two !!

Matt has that average where you probably want to include him in your team but until you get other riders sorted his sort of average would be the final piece of the jigsaw.

The team I named did not include Matt simply because of the other riders I picked. The last rider was a choice between Matt and Mason and I went for Mason who would have been at reserve. I k ow its only a team I picked but I went for depth as not any big hitters available

Barker

Sedgeman

Jorgensen

Bewley

Proctor

Campton

Bickley

Who would you swap in a team line up similar to that for Matt ?

We all have our own opinions and its a tough one.

Top three mate and for me unfortunately, that includes Barker!! :cry:

Judging from what I've been reading we have been so slow at tapping up riders we could very well be stuck without any big hitter in "any" position for next year so it could be "solid" but not spectacular, just have to wait and see how long it takes to cobble summat together and hope the lost supporters will take to what the management produce? :unsure::blush:

• Like 1