British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

free tickets = lost revenue for the club ..

Free tickets are not loss revenue unless they are picked up by someone who is going anyway, in which case that person will be well aware of the importance of them continuing to pay at the gate and not using it.

While it cannot be unlimited, a free ticket used by someone who doesn't go is no financial loss at all and may indeed have the result of them paying next time.

• Like 1

Free tickets are not loss revenue unless they are picked up by someone who is going anyway, in which case that person will be well aware of the importance of them continuing to pay at the gate and not using it.

While it cannot be unlimited, a free ticket used by someone who doesn't go is no financial loss at all and may indeed have the result of them paying next time.

Just a few things which really worked well on the Isle of Wight.... Shows/carnivals/displays.... we offered free tickets to islanders with two conditions... If they liked it they promised to come back, if they didnt they told me why (100% returned rate) Bring my class...offering a kid from the crowd to bring their class and all their parents at their school class, scouts, guides... any youth group. Tickets as prizes for any community event.... these are the kind of things that worked for us... and we never will charge for kids 16 and under, we also have youth pricing 17 - 20

• Like 7

FREE tickets ALWAYS find themselves in the hands of regular speedway go,ers .

its a human thing , like it or not. its what we do .

nobody can ever convince me of any other outcome .

at workington we had free tickets on offer and most of those that used the free tickets were actual speedway supporters .

we watched em go through the turnstyles with all their speedway gear on , hats,scarfs and jackets .

yep , it really works . as if !

Well its not what I do, and I don't accept 'it is what humans do'

There is nothing wrong with the idea of offering free tickets as Halifaxtiger and others have already stated - what is wrong is the integrity and ignorance of those who took advantage.

I said it at the time that those who abused the situation were basically stealing from the promotion who were, and still are facing an uphill struggle to keep speedway alive in Workington. If they couldn't work that out for themselves, they are even more selfish and stupid than I thought.

i have been offered tickets before , but turned them down . many other fans dont .

they see it as money saved for something else .

even the police and M.P.s are corrupt .

we . are a small majority , arnt we !

Ministry of Defence coming your way ,soon .

Edited by jenga

Did a show with Barry last season on the Island and I was astonished at the amount of interest it raised.

I could remind everyone that every Warriors gate last season (bar one) was up on the corresponding meeting in 2016 and that gates have increased around 5 fold on what the previous promotion achieved.

Any promotion that can manage that surely has to be worth listening to.

• Like 3

Can we let the ticket debate drop now and look forward to 2018

It's like a broken record player on here

• Like 2

well workington speedway trust were the ones responsible for handing out the free tickets that regulars got slated for using

and i can actually state here that jenga brother who no longer goes to speedway had been given 4 tickets from someone and offered 3 off them to jenga

and on that day both myself and jenga refussed the tickets and paid

so thats 1 thing jenga has done better than so called speedway TRUST

The so called "Trust" as you call , put back over £10,000 last season in Workington Speedway, 50/50. raffles in the bar, supporters donations, fund raising events which if you'd have bothered to go to the end of season do would have heard Steve telling everyone...Regulars using free tickets was out or order, they were for newcomers to experience speedway, not regulars getting a jolly taking yet more money away from Laura :mad: , you are spending too much time listening to Jenga you posting as much tripe as him!!

• Like 4

The so called "Trust" as you call , put back over £10,000 last season in Workington Speedway, 50/50. raffles in the bar, supporters donations, fund raising events which if you'd have bothered to go to the end of season do would have heard Steve telling everyone...Regulars using free tickets was out or order, they were for newcomers to experience speedway, not regulars getting a jolly taking yet more money away from Laura :mad: , you are spending too much time listening to Jenga you posting as much tripe as him!!

Who's rattled your cage Hen :party::party::party::party:

• Like 2

i like posting tripe , its a bit ao a bugger to get throught the letter box tho !

ahh , good to see you mentioned the 50/59 draw . thats something that both myself and another person buy most weeks .

so in the big picture , WE ALL contribute towards the 10k raised .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

there are posters on here who know the full team line up and a few nitty gritty bits as well .

like the ones defending the club to the hilt and then theres us muppets who are only asking questions

because they have a genuine interest in the club and its riders .we are the moaners , but the ones that know

dont moan . know it all . season ticket holder or not , we all pay our money and are looking forward to 2018 .

hearing the odd tale or 2 that might just lower the gate even more than it was last season

really hope 1 tale ive been told is wrong for all interested in speedway in cumbria